Can Anyone tell me Who's mod work this is??

MTS module area including module modifications

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

rebornself27
RM100

Can Anyone tell me Who's mod work this is??

Post by rebornself27 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:33 am

Good deals with:x2 alowerdeep Mr Marcus Skyze JadedFaith Detroit ABA RADE01 ibenhadx2 Anomaly Mattfig Packman

JKD
Donating Member

Post by JKD » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:41 am

I'd search on the forum to see if you could find it...hard to tell, could be a sticker or a plexi faceplate on the front.

The work looks like an early Gigmods but could easily be a self-mod or someone copying a mod without verifying it directly:

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=6433

I've seen that nick on eBay before...might've even bought something from him...would bet they are on here.
Synergy - HBE,SLO,VH4,TDLX,Plexi, ENGL,OS,BB/BE, AC
Salvation-Deadplate, Spawn, MarkUS, Dual Salvado+JJ Dirt+Terrier
JF-Dual Erect
Gigmods - Mark
Hilly-Snorkeler
Egnater -COD, ERECT, VX
Randall - Brahma,Scary, Grail, SuperV

alowerdeep
Lynch Box

Post by alowerdeep » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:52 am

Think it is a gigmods..It was listed on here...Alboz is a forum member..had some stuff in the classified recently.....Though he does do his own mods....Had a Soldano he made and tried to sell me..Ths pics looked very good..he was supposed to send me clips and never did and I bought a SLodano....
Krank Krankenstein Plus w/Krankenstein4x12

RM50H
Salvation Stonerverb,Salvation Deadplate,and Blackface

rebornself27
RM100

Post by rebornself27 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:54 am

alowerdeep wrote:Think it is a gigmods..It was listed on here...Alboz is a forum member..had some stuff in the classified recently.....Though he does do his own mods....Had a Soldano he made and tried to sell me..Ths pics looked very good..he was supposed to send me clips and never did and I bought a SLodano....
i message him he sed he bought it from someone on here and didn't remember the members name
Good deals with:x2 alowerdeep Mr Marcus Skyze JadedFaith Detroit ABA RADE01 ibenhadx2 Anomaly Mattfig Packman

okstrat
Lynch Box

Post by okstrat » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:25 pm

Not my work as far as I can tell. Faceplate is wrong - I never did a mark IV plate - and I can't see the board but since I never did a mark series without a faceplate change I'd say it was not my work. Somebody probably copied some of the parts I changed without realizing why I did it or accounting for other tolerances in the module. Buyer beware.

rebornself27
RM100

Post by rebornself27 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Anyone else any info would be great

KillTone
RM100

Post by KillTone » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:11 pm

The e-bay ad says it is an Ultra Lead with modifications to make it more like a Boogie. Does not claim to be a GigMods Mark or a Marcus or a Mark X. Sounds like the owner did the work.

rebornself27
RM100

Post by rebornself27 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:24 pm

KillTone wrote:The e-bay ad says it is an Ultra Lead with modifications to make it more like a Boogie. Does not claim to be a GigMods Mark or a Marcus or a Mark X. Sounds like the owner did the work.
Messaged him again he sed he bought it from someone on here and he doesn't know who did the mods

Graham Pearson
RM100

Unknown Modder on eBay

Post by Graham Pearson » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:08 pm

I recently bought a modded XTC module from the same eBay seller, alboz28. The module was essentially a silver face-plate XTC with a single mod - capacitor C1 was changed from .0022?F to .0015?F for tighter bass.

The "custom" face plate was simply a self-adhesive sticker and the "custom" red knobs are slightly too large so they interfere with each other.

However, the module works just fine and I got it for a decent price. I used the Grailmods PM system to ask alboz28 what settings he used with this module. He's read my PM but he never replied.
Last edited by Graham Pearson on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaded Faith

Post by Jaded Faith » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:06 pm

It's not mine either. I would guess it is a self-modded Ultra Lead with some Orange Drops in there for a modest upgrade. It doesn't look like much else was done to it from the pics.
www.jadedfaithmods.com
https://www.facebook.com/JadedFaithMods
Email: info@jadedfaithmods.com
Authorized Service Center for US Music and Egnater
Authorized Reseller for Celestion, Scumback & Mercury Magnetics