Any new Randall MTS products at NAMM?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Egnater has the COD (Cali OverDrive) but nothing at Randall.

For those of you that are here at NAMM don't forget to meet at the Randall booth at 1pm tomorrow. RD/MAN is expecting us at that time.

ned said:
Egnater has the COD (Cali OverDrive) but nothing at Randall.

For those of you that are here at NAMM don't forget to meet at the Randall booth at 1pm tomorrow. RD/MAN is expecting us at that time.

Ned,

Is That 100% confirmed on the COD????

I heard Egnater would be showing the California Overdrive and also a Twin/Dlx. Channel A is clean Twin and channel B is pushed Deluxe. Sounds like a great idea to me! I may need one!

Someone at HRI said they played the Twin/Dlx yesterday but no word of the COD as of yet.

-Matt

I hadn't heard about the twin/deluxe....I think I may have to have that! Can anyone who has seen/played one comment?

EWSEthan said:
I heard Egnater would be showing the California Overdrive and also a Twin/Dlx. Channel A is clean Twin and channel B is pushed Deluxe. Sounds like a great idea to me! I may need one!

Someone at HRI said they played the Twin/Dlx yesterday but no word of the COD as of yet.

-Matt

I Saw the comment about the Twin/Dlx....just waiting for confirmation on COD.

The Twin/Deluxe just seems like a perfect idea to me. You basically get the sounds youd want out of both amps in one module. All you really want from a Twin is its cleans and all you really want from a Deluxe is its pushed sound. Now, you can get them both in one module so you save space in your head/preamp and also save 1/2 the cash from having to buy both modules!

I love my Vox module for cleans/crunch, but this might be too good to pass up.

BTW, Ive heard rumblings of an SL2/EG4 module in the works as well...HOLY CRAP!

-Matt

Hmmm... just put my M4 order in last week, but if the Twin/Deluxe module is real, then I might have to add a 5th module to the order!

Question on the COD (which may be just speculation)... in my mind I think of COD being a Mesa Mark-series tone. Is this the intent, or is it based on something else?

I'm thinking my current dream module would be a Mark IIc+/Mark III dual channel module. Think there's room for a 5-band graphic EQ on a module faceplate? :)

--B

bduersch said:
Hmmm... just put my M4 order in last week, but if the Twin/Deluxe module is real, then I might have to add a 5th module to the order!

Question on the COD (which may be just speculation)... in my mind I think of COD being a Mesa Mark-series tone. Is this the intent, or is it based on something else?

I'm thinking my current dream module would be a Mark IIc+/Mark III dual channel module. Think there's room for a 5-band graphic EQ on a module faceplate? :)

--B

I can't remember where it was posted, but it's supposedly supposed to be similar in design to the Twin/DLX, Mesa Mark I Channel A/Dumble, FUCHS like ODS channel B. Which would kick ***!

EWSEthan said:
The Twin/Deluxe just seems like a perfect idea to me. You basically get the sounds youd want out of both amps in one module. All you really want from a Twin is its cleans and all you really want from a Deluxe is its pushed sound. Now, you can get them both in one module so you save space in your head/preamp and also save 1/2 the cash from having to buy both modules!

I love my Vox module for cleans/crunch, but this might be too good to pass up.

BTW, Ive heard rumblings of an SL2/EG4 module in the works as well...HOLY CRAP!

-Matt

NOW we're talkin. I never saw the use of a dual twin module. But that's COOL! Wouldn't mind seeing a Twin/Bassman either! Or a Recto/MHG even.

COD is confirmed. I've got a picture of it which will probably be tomorrow when I get them downloaded.

Also got to play the Brahma, very nice. Like a modded plexi.

That same dealer has a nice midi controller by axess-electronics:

Accessory-total.jpg

I'm hoping that COD is d*mblish on channel 1 so that I can use that with my RM4/RM50. I don't really care about the Mesa side as much. Can you specifiy which side comes first when ordering them? Would be a good way to ease into the dual-channel stuff for an MTS user.

GaryMcT said:
I'm hoping that COD is d*mblish on channel 1 so that I can use that with my RM4/RM50. I don't really care about the Mesa side as much. Can you specifiy which side comes first when ordering them? Would be a good way to ease into the dual-channel stuff for an MTS user.

If you only want one sound, what about just ordering a single channel version of the COD instead?

BTW, Im pretty sure that Bruce told me that COD is not Dumble-like, though I dont recall for certain. He definitely said it had that Mark vibe. Hopefully, someone who went to NAMM will rest and sober up soon and give us the scoop!

-Matt

EWSEthan said:
GaryMcT said:

If you only want one sound, what about just ordering a single channel version of the COD instead?

BTW, Im pretty sure that Bruce told me that COD is not Dumble-like, though I dont recall for certain. He definitely said it had that Mark vibe. Hopefully, someone who went to NAMM will rest and sober up soon and give us the scoop!

-Matt

Good point. . . a single channel module would be fine.

They should send Pete Thorn an amp and a stack of modules and ask him to record a video showing off the amp. His Suhr Badger demo vid is the best amp demo I've seen.

Totally agree about a Pete Thorn demo. That would be excellent. The Indoor Storm clips are good, but Id love to hear Pete run through ALL the modules!

-Matt