Next Vid: JF Rverb ... Whatcha wanna see/hear?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
That's right...Rob is just about done with my new RVerb and I'll be shooting the vid sometime next week...

Anyone want to know anything specific about it?
Hear anything special?

Serious and ridiculous inquiries will receive equal consideration.
:D

Mattfig said:
That's right...Rob is just about done with my new RVerb and I'll be shooting the vid sometime next week...

Hear anything special?

Ummmm...
Is it true that it has a secret compartment to put your weed in?

Daryl said:
Mattfig said:

Hear anything special?

Ummmm...
Is it true that it has a secret compartment to put your weed in?

Nope, that would be fun though...However, it does have a small grow room under module V1...

Good suggestions guys! Thank you! ...Always nice to start out knowing a bit of what you guys want rather than forcing you to endure my usual stupidity...

Got to play this one for a few days now...All I can say is, anyone with a taste for as hard as an Orange can hit will want this...Death Metal with an Orange? Yep...Flip it over to scooped side along with gain boost and you are there...And it's still quiet...It still does the classic Rockerverb very well but it takes it to the extreme if you let it...I tend to like extremes...:lol: ...Couple it all with a cool UV LED and you have yourself RVerb (revision C)...I know the other RVerb mods are also great but this one is extraordinary...Kinda dry sounding, not VHT dry, but dryer than a typical Marshall....

I think a lot of people are gonna like this one...Could have a classic on our hands, no joke...

Clips &/or pics or its a Rogue. :lol:

Just kidding man. Your vids are always fun to watch & sound great. Can't wait for this one.

250143636660-1.jpg

Hamner1 said:
Clips &/or pics or its a Rogue. :lol:

Just kidding man. Your vids are always fun to watch & sound great. Can't wait for this one.

A Rogue...lol...Haven't seen one of those in awhile...Guess I'll consider myself lucky...

Thanks for the kind words on the vids...They take me a long time to put together even though they may not seem like it....This module is gonna be a hit (or at least should be)....

Rod said:
I have a JF R'Verb and for classic rock, blues and Fusion it's a great preamp module as well......very versatile

Yes it is...And the latest revision takes it over the top! Mine is the first of Revision C...May be worth looking into an update if you want it to be meaner....Otherwise, I know what you're saying...It's a great mod in any form...

Thanks Matt and Rod and glad to hear that "Rev C" edition fits what you were looking for. I think the "C" stands for "Crushing", which indeed it is. :twisted:

What amp is this supposed to model? Also Matt, do you have a jaded faith Soldano module by any chance? I am interested in hearing some properly mic'ed tones. The ones on youtube are terrible. Why people still insist on recording with camera mics with preamps that are distorting is beyond me..

Hey guys....Been restructuring the home studio...Meaning unplugging miles of cable, cleaning, re-arranging, purchasing new "essentials," and re-connecting everything....I hadn't realized the amount of useless cabling I'd left around over the last year...

I have the new Rack of Delight as well as the live mini RoD that is pretty cool too...This way you can hear the RVerb thru the RoD with RT2/50 and EL34/6L6s, the live RoD with El34/6550s, and the RM22 with EL84s...Should be cool...

The RVerb models the heavy side of the Orange Rockerverb and mine has a scoop setting that really adds a rounded chunk to it...As for the JF Soldano - don't have one...Sorry...

Should be rolling full steam this week...

You DID ask for an opinion,right????
And specifically, what do we want to see/hear..

So please,please,please record the audio at a very high quality sample rate..its the most importantr aspect of the videos, actually..what a module sounds like. And offer that on the web, either synced up to the video or as a stand alone audiofile. (like wav file we can listen to.
Now that will really let us know how something sounds.

GtrGeorge

...Now we can all return to our crappy Mp3 collections that make great analog recordings sound like a cardboard box.

Good call George...I'm making some demo tracks to show it off and will also make them available as standalone MP3 tracks for download...

Youtube and high-end audio don't usually play well together...

Thanks!