Evh 5153 red

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
Is there a module or a modded module that sounds like the red 5150 III channel?

The S1S0 from Salvation gets close. Here's a link. I personally love this module, no matter how many times Fig has flipped one.

http://salvationmods.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27:s1so&catid=2:modifications&Itemid=2

Check out Jaded Faith's PV VIL module. It has crunch/lead channel switch and a voice switch.

Here's a post about it and a cool clip from a band recording with it
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=13133

Here is a good clip from crankyrayhanky of the S1S0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfvMzRPrF2I

Good Luck.

I think a module that covered the EVHIII's crunch AND lead channels would be a winner. Just something to think about... or for sacredgroove to think about :roll:

Kapo_Polenton said:
I think a module that covered the EVHIII's crunch AND lead channels would be a winner. Just something to think about... or for sacredgroove to think about :roll:

I've been thinking about it, but I have a few other mods to take care of first. The crunch channel wouldn't be that difficult, but the lead channel would take some time and tweaking, due to the six gain stages that it uses. But, I won't really know until I dig deeper into it.

Scott, I see in your sig you're working on a Vox-type module and something called a 'NumSkull'. Is that what I think it is? ;)

The S1S0 with Fire engaged gets close to 5153.
In that module you'll have all three incarnations!

the S1S0 is an awesome module that emulates I II & III
The Salvado Deluxe is widely regarded as the #1 piece, and the S1S0 tones are in the same ballpark- though the S1S0 is angrier. I had both modules and needed to pick 1- sadly the Salvado moved on--but that speaks volumes about my love for the S1S0

:D

^ I had them side by side Module War for about 2 weeks- the most ruthless Module War ever

the Salvado probably had more of a quality pure tone. The S1S0 has the mid sweep that could be adjusted up to get **** near right on the Salvado tones- but the range of sweep yielded lots more on the deeper end.

The Salvado had that BITE feature that was unique- I really enjoyed that feature. But overall it sounded more like Ratt Hollywood metal whereas S1S0 sounded more sinister...and evil guitar always trumps happy guitar in my world, lol

Either module is a WIN, YMMV

crankyrayhanky said:
^ I had them side by side Module War for about 2 weeks- the most ruthless Module War ever

the Salvado probably had more of a quality pure tone. The S1S0 has the mid sweep that could be adjusted up to get **** near right on the Salvado tones- but the range of sweep yielded lots more on the deeper end.

The Salvado had that BITE feature that was unique- I really enjoyed that feature. But overall it sounded more like Ratt Hollywood metal whereas S1S0 sounded more sinister...and evil guitar always trumps happy guitar in my world, lol

Either module is a WIN, YMMV

Good description....I also have had them side by side (several times :lol:) and found the same results as Ray- but liked Salvado's bite more each time...They can be dialed in identically though in several settings...

Sacred Groove just built me a module based on the EVH 5153 that features the Blue Channel & Red Channel. It is a killer module, likely the very best I have owned. You get the hotrodded Marhsall sound from the Blue Channel and the over the top gain from the Red Channel. The module is very versatile, clear, articulate, and easy to play, and when switch the channel switch the LED light changes from blue to red. :eek:

Scott is incredible to work with (I know all you guys already know that) and absolutely nailed this one. He also built me another monster module just to the right in the picture for which I am not at liberty to disclose its tonal origin at this time. :lol:

5153.jpg