New mod announcement: Dumble OD Special

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded Faith

Reaction score
After many requests and after receiving excellent feedback on the final product, I am proud to introduce the OD Special Replica mod based on a Dumble OverDrive Special:

ODSpecial1.jpg

This was a hot request for some time and with a little help from some excellent customers it is finally a reality. Best of all, it is built upon the clean PCB (Clean, Blackface, KH1 or Deluxe) and gives you a fantastic new option for those donor modules.

Here is the marketing blurb and pricing details:

OD Special: $165 + $10 Priority shipping (add 4% if using Paypal)
Description: This mod is an extremely original design built on a clean module PCB and inspired by the boutique tone of a Dumble OverDrive Special. It is a gorgeous mid-gain tone that is unlike anything else previously offered in a mod before. It has a warm singing tone that has loads of touch sensitivity and a unique urgency to the notes. The Gain Boost switch restructures the gain for more bloom and sustain. The Mid switch provides the Jazz and Rock voicings made famous by the original. Finally, a Deep switch adds additional thump and depth to the tone.

Includes base mods, faceplate, Gain Boost switch, Mid switch, Deep switch, LED (your choice of water-clear blue, ultraviolet, red, orange, white or green) and black mini-chickenhead style knobs.

Ideal donors: The Clean, KH1, Deluxe or Blackface only.

Here are some audio samples with more to come soon:
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11208660
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11208661

Special thanks go out to Nick Pierro for the faceplate design, Mattfig for the picture and Rod Welles for the audio clips (captured on his Zoom recorder).

EGADS!!! gorgeous, soo ordering one when i get some extra play money!
links arn't working for me though to hear the samples.

Very nice and smooth.... the soundfiles made me think Eric Johnson type tone. I've never played a Dumble so I don't have a point of reference other than nice and smooth.

**** that sounds good. I don't really have a need for that tone, but it sounds fooking amazing.

Sounds pretty good, what power tubes was it recorded with? Gain boost on or off?

A little too smooth and could use a bit more harmonic juice is why I'm asking.

Also, if this is anything like an EGnater COD...they really respond to having a 5751 in the first tube position.

Don't forget it is recorded with a Zoom unit and likely is off axis and further away so the detail will not be picked up the same way. I hear this more of an ambient mic, somewhere between a ribbon style recording and room mic recording. I also don't know the character of Dumbles but I think they are supposed to be smooth.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Very nice and smooth.... the soundfiles made me think Eric Johnson type tone. I've never played a Dumble so I don't have a point of reference other than nice and smooth.
I was thinking EJ too. Great warm fluid tone. Nice work JF. I am not too familiar with a Dumble tone either but if that is what they sound like I am in love. If I crash and burn on reviving my Clean then this is what it will become!

What a killer smooth warm OD sound. I want that in my signal chain before a high gainer. Someone figure out how to mod our amps to enable multiple channels. 8)

I really like the first clip. Smooth, not harsh, not buzzy. I'll have to see if you managed to get the ultimate "Politician" tone. That's off Robben Ford's Mystic Mile CD.

Need to get one of these on order! What's the waiting period to get the mod done?
what power amp is being used on the clip, or is it an MTS head?

Latest posts