Jaded Faith XMG

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacksauce

Reaction score
First I've heard of it. This baby sounds real mean! Any thoughts? Let's talk tone :D

Description: This mod is an original take on the ultimate modern high gain tone. Hours were spent testing multiple values in every last position for a unique brutality with super low noise that can crush with the best of them. The Gain Boost switch provides two levels of saturation for a more open gain or a fluid highly saturated liquid sustain. The Mid Shift switch provides two unique voicings that cut clearly through the loudest of bands.

Just brutal :twisted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae6BgUaBv2E

It's brand new and the first one just shipped out this morning. I assure you, it's mean as hell and super quiet without the use of a gate! :twisted:

It's the second release in my Original Mods line. These mods are the ones I am most proud of. I get to follow a theme and design away with none of the constraints you face when replicating another amp or design. It's how I would do something if I were to build it from the ground up.

XMG stands for Xtreme Modern Gain and is my nod to the aggressive metal tones heard over the last decade. I just updated my website with a picture of the XMG #1: http://www.jadedfaithmods.com/Original_Mods.html

:O Amazing! Definitely a unique flavor! Some perfect mix of VHT rawness with an ENGLesqe aggression, but different than either!

I may have to buy em all :D

Gonna do a mid-gain next, Rob?

**** it, Rob that's the next one I really want besides the XTC..... you'll hear from me soon!

Jacksauce said:
CM, record a clip for us man :D
Just had a chance to put it through it's paces today and it is it's own beast. It's not like any module I've used before. It is an absolute beast in everyway and is whisper quiet as regards the noise floor. Didn't engage the noise gate at all. It is the tightest of any module I've used and will expose any slop in your playing. I'll try to get a better review and some clips up soon, but this is a winner in the heavy as hell, high-gain mod department!

cold Machine said:
Just had a chance to put it through it's paces today and it is it's own beast. It's not like any module I've used before. It is an absolute beast in everyway and is whisper quiet as regards the noise floor. Didn't engage the noise gate at all. It is the tightest of any module I've used and will expose any slop in your playing. I'll try to get a better review and some clips up soon, but this is a winner in the heavy as hell, high-gain mod department!
Excellent. I love when a plan comes together! :D

I am all ears for recommendations on the next Original design. Mid-gain would certainly be a logical direction.

I have a medically high gas attack for this mod. Someone needs to buy my stein so I can get one made.

Jaded Faith said:
I am all ears for recommendations on the next Original design. Mid-gain would certainly be a logical direction.

Personally, all I need is a clean in slot 1, a high gain chug in slot 2 and a singing lead solo module for slot 3.

[JF Super Clean] [JF XMG] [?] :wink:

"I am all ears for recommendations on the next Original design."

What I'd like to see is a module that allows you to "blend" at least two tones together. Like a nice clean tone with a slightly overdriven tone. Use one knob as a balance control as to how much you want of either tone. Another example would be like a Mesa tone blended with a Marshall tone. There you go, it's a British/American blend module! 3 position switch on each side to choose Clean, Mid gain, High gain. Then a balance knob to control the blend.
I'll take that, an order of fries and a Diet Coke to go! :D

audiomidijace said:
"I am all ears for recommendations on the next Original design."

What I'd like to see is a module that allows you to "blend" at least two tones together. Like a nice clean tone with a slightly overdriven tone. Use one knob as a balance control as to how much you want of either tone. Another example would be like a Mesa tone blended with a Marshall tone.
There you go, it's a British/American blend module! 3 position switch on each side to choose Clean, Mid gain, High gain. Then a balance knob to control the blend.
I'll take that, an order of fries and a Diet Coke to go! :D

That's like a triple cheese, add jalapenos, grilled onions, refried beans, hold the mayo, with a super size coke zero and fries

made myself hungry.. looking for hidden snacks in the desk...

homer_eatsub.gif

Latest posts