Modules of the stars

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prickstein

Reaction score
Greetings all,

Just trying to round up some info on what modules well known players are using in their MTS rigs.
I know there was a similar thread not long ago but that one quickly turned into a discussion about pickups.
Anyone know details about modules used by Kirk Hammet, Sevendust, Steve Stevens etc?

I read an interview somewhere with john connolly (sevendust) where he says he uses a heavily modified marshall module (2 of them) but doesn't specify which marshall module it is, and a clean module but doesn't specify which clean.

Kirk Hammet has a custom module being released i believe.

And i think steve stevens was using a custom module made by his tech? or maybe his tech modded the plexi module...something like that.

Ty Tabor of kings x uses the un-modded Randall Top Boost module for all his stuff i believe....heavy and clean.

Do a search for the great producer michael wagener, he swears by the randall gear for recording the artists in his studio. There is another forum i can't recall where he talks in depth about it.

rickgk said:
Do a search for the great producer michael wagener, he swears by the randall gear for recording the artists in his studio. There is another forum i can't recall where he talks in depth about it.
That'd be Gearslutz.com
That's how I got turned onto this MTS thang :D
If only we could find out about the mods these guys have had done, we could be in tone heaven.

Steve uses the modded marshalls for studio use and the 5150s used to be his main live rig along with a suhr od-100(used for clean signal) but now he is using an Rm100m with a plexi module heavily modded by david friedman of rack systems in LA.

All hail Steve Stevens.
He Rocks..there is no higher.
I mean this...listen to Flamenco a go-go just once and give him the props.
-GtrGeorge

The new issue of Guitar Player (Alex Lifeson cover) has an article about how the guitarist for Linkin Park uses Randall amps and has had them modded to get the tones he wants.

GtrGeorge! said:
All hail Steve Stevens.
He Rocks..there is no higher.
I mean this...listen to Flamenco a go-go just once and give him the props.
-GtrGeorge

He's my second cousin.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I seriously think he is great. never met him, but I love his work. And the more chances he takes the better I like him.
The live DVD stuff from Japan (Flamenco A Go-Go) was increible.
Please tell me he will do another CD like that...or another Billy Idol thing where "Rebel yell" left off...
-George

GtrGeorge! said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I seriously think he is great. never met him, but I love his work. And the more chances he takes the better I like him.
The live DVD stuff from Japan (Flamenco A Go-Go) was increible.
Please tell me he will do another CD like that...or another Billy Idol thing where "Rebel yell" left off...
-George
I totally agree 100% on that one!!!!!!!!!!!