Important info regarding buying used modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded Faith

Reaction score
It's unfortunate that I have to address this out in the public forum, but it is for the greater good of the community that I do so.

It has been brought to my attention more than once in the past 6 months that buyers have had issues with an alleged "good guy" here, particularly when it comes to purchasing used Jaded Faith mods. In almost every circumstance, the module has arrived broken in an obvious attempt at poorly reverse engineering my work. The giveaway is almost always broken switches that were obviously de-soldered in an attempt to determine part values. The seller is of no assistance and has been telling his buyers to file a shipping claim. The type of damage found is impossible to occur from shipping.

More disturbing to me as a business owner and on a personal level is the manner in which this person repeatedly tries to sell themselves as a "respected member of the community here since 2006".

I have had hundreds of customers over five years and this is the only person with which I have had issues with payment. Unfortunately it occurred multiple times when he was paying for work being sent to a 3rd party.

It was brought to my attention by multiple members here in private that this person has repeatedly attempted to slander both my work and reputation via PM and email. He claims that I am a rip-off artist and tries repeatedly to sway sales to the competition. I am all for the spirit of competition and free commerce, however slander and false accusations leave a poor taste in my mouth.

I have not and will not call this member out in the public eye. He knows who he is and needs to live with himself and his choices.

I do want my customers to know that I stand behind them and my products 100%. I have repaired these mods for the buyers free of charge and shall continue to do so, as I feel it is ethically incorrect for them to suffer for this person's poor decisions.

If you feel you may be impacted by this, please email or call me and we can discuss your situation in private.

- Rob

Man that sucks...bad enough people want to rip-off your work but to be stuck with the repairs also...kudos to you!

I would like everyone on the forum to know that within an hour of my inquiry Rob contacted me and offered to fix the module for the cost of shipping.

Now THAT is customer service!

And for the record, I haven't even bought anything from him yet. We have been talking specifics, but I have yet to actually place my order. If he's willing to do that for someone who hasn't spent a dime with him, I can't WAIT to see the service he gives me as a paying customer!

VERY cool!

I am blown away by his generousity!

Thanks Rob!

H

Rob has always been a super stand up guy and provided excellent service and communication not to mention some outstanding mods to feed my ongoing sickness and quest for perfection. 10 mods to date, not one issue.

I have nothing but praies for Rob and his work. I have(I think) five of his mods and plan on at least four more before I am done. I would not do this unless I had every confidence in him and his work.
ricky

Not that Rob needs anymore support, but 10 mods and counting....and not one problem. He does what he says , in the time frame he says he will do it....period.

Rob is a class act and just a super cool guy (and a talented modder to boot!)

I suspect that I know who this person is, and I hope the forum population learns of his identity soon, also, so that we may collectively never do business with this, prepare for some naughty language, unscrupulous knave (read: a$$hole) again.

Kudos to Rob for repairing the hackjobs that were done to his modules and then handed off to innocent and unsuspecting forumites!

I dont understand why someone would go through such extreme measures to be an @sshole but I will also vouch for Rob here! His customer service and INTEGRITY are first class- Let's please stop with the BS!

First off I am assuming Rob is talking about me here since I sold an erect mod to Big Daddy on here recently and yes I sent him a 100% working module that I received from another member. It only was in my amp the night I got it and listed next day because frankly my SG Diablo was more accurate to the Rectifier sound from my pre500 I used to own.

If there was tampering with the item, that was done prior to it being in my hands for the halff hour I tested it and decided it was not for me. I packed it well and shipped to new owner and learned a few days after it arrived there was an issue and offered to pay $ and whatever the repairs would cost to Rob, maybe there was a misunderstanding to H on the repair portion but told him I would take care of it if we needed to go that route. To say you have seen multiple mods come from me that have been tampered is a complete lie I never even owned a soldering iron till a little over a week ago!

And what are you talking about with payment issues? I always paid you before items were usually done and only paid for one mod for someone else In a trade I sent you my blackface to be turned into a superclean for JKMV for trade on his Loneclean. What is shady about that?

I have done claims in the past as a receiver on items and one was a mod and always the case for refund is for receiver to file claim for item with USPS never seller because it is when it reaches final destination that is in question with damages. I'll gladly pay the shipping costs to and from Rob to make this right since he sounds like his is the route he's going and that's what I originally offered but I am not going to stand by and let Rob try to throw me under the bus. If any modding or altercations were done to mod it was not done by my hands as Rob suggested in his post.

I have been on here since first month this forum was created and am the oldest active member besides Ned who is on here and have had plenty of positive transactions with other respected members on here and never once have had an issue. And offered to make it right with Big Daddy even though obviously something did happen to jostle something in shipment.

I have been here since the beginning and always have been around to offer advice and knowledge to help out when needed or asked and have always been stand up with everyone.

And as a former customer of yours Rob I am highly disappointed after sending you $ for mod work this last year on many mods and to be shown no respect by this post. I'm not going to resort to your level because I am a stand up guy and many can attest to that on here. Big Daddy $ will be sent for your shipping costs.

Jaded Faith said:
I am all for the spirit of competition and free commerce, however slander and false accusations leave a poor taste in my mouth.

Really? Because that is all your post has done here.

This is a sad day... Rob is a real stand up guy. He does top notch work for modest prices and stands behind it. Why rip off his hard work and then drive away business? That's some bullshit... get lost.

Edit: Not directed at you Disciple, your post came in before mine.

ricky said:
Wow, Disciple. Wouldn't it be ironic if Rob's post was not even about you....

Ricky highly doubt it's not I'm one of very few older members from 06' and he's referring to Big Daddy who I sold Erect to who I got from another member on here.

And no surprise I wrote Rob after reading his post to clarify things and haven't heard back even though I know he read it.

It's no surprise he has it out for me and is trying to throw me under the bus to the community, why I have no clue. I used to own almost his whole catalog of mods and don't now because personal reasons I won't disclose because I'm not resorting to his level. But in the end I stand behind Salvation (Anthony) and Sacred Groove (Scott) anyday because they've always shown the upmost respect to ALL their customers and Rob has shown he does not or he could've messaged me instead of falsely accusing in his post like he did. His intentions are clear and are misguided and his true colors are being shown.

Wow. There seems to be a pattern going on around here. I must keep my ear lower to the ground. :?
To think a member would do this to a Pro Modder is ugly. I applaud Rob for expressing himself. I would assume he has withheld himself for a long time.
One would wonder why someone would sabotage a Pro Modders module. Was it just to read values or to change them to dull the tuning that went into the mod? I know I have stated that this is a great little community with the exception of a few and I still stand by that statement today.

Brewtus -

The member who I bought the mods from probably had no intention of ever copying Rob's work or anyone else's he may have tampered with. More than likely that member was just looking at the values and components for his own knowledge since they did personal mods as well never for sale. If they were trying to copy his work they probably wouldve tried by now but they haven't and doubt that ever was their intention.

Once that person bought that mod he could do what he wanted to with it and if he messed up something in the process of reassembling or something that's unfortunate and may have been what happened with the module I got from him. It worked the 30 minutes I tested it in my setup and ABed it against my Diablo from Scott and didn't play any more after that and listed next day and sold shortly later which it was sitting in box I came with till I took it to post office.

It's just unfortunate Rob approached this situation like he did and pointed fingers unjustly in my direction and to add lies in his initial post that have nothing to do with me is ridiculous.

And no surprise he still has yet to respond to my message I sent after reading his post here and still hasn't responded in this thread he started to make things right. He's logged on and off a few times and was in the module section so I know he has read the responses posted. Why? Only he knows that and after posting my side it's evident what he posted was not accurate and slandering in anyway you look at it towered myself. If it wasn't toward me he could've posted saying do to defuse any potential situation but that is not the case.

With all due respect Disciple, no one outside of a few limited people would have thought it was you until you posted. You seem upset at false accusations, but I'm not sure why this couldn't have been handled through private channels. The reactions seem a bit strong and aggressive from the outside looking in... could be your insulted and disrespected or could be Telltale Heart. My gut tells me communication breakdown...but I don't see how JF is out of line, he's repairing his mods for free and reporting what others told him- without naming names. That's a classy move.

One of the reasons that Rob has earned my business is his professionalism.

Hopefully we'll see all sides of the story once everyone has had a chance to sleep on things.

Ray,

Thanks for the post and respect your views and to be honest I posted my responses because I wanted to get my side what happened in this situation out there because I knew once Big Daddy posted that Rob's post was directed at me. I didn't want to stand back and let community see only Rob's side and not the party he was accusing so I posted right away to clear my name from his accusations tied into the transaction with Big Daddy - as a veteran on here since the beginning I have nothing to hide and wanted everyone to see that by my posts to clear a few things from his post.

I could've waited and not posted and then people come back and say it was me and then I didn't respond so it must be true and I was not going to let that happen because of my history and strong standing in this community we have here and put forth the truth.

If Rob wasn't talking toward me he would've posted an update but hasn't and retracted his false accusations but again hasn't.

In the end I love this forum and community we have built here and I am one of the most supporting people in this line since this forum started along with many of you guys and will always continue to be here to help the community in anyway I can and have no financial gains to make here so my intentions are strictly for the good of this community.