Clean modules....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcole

Reaction score
I think I that the Mash-oldano will be the 1st high module I shoot for, but want I want to know is what you guys think is the most versatile CLEAN module out there. I like the sounds of the Matchvox because I know it can be pushed into some nice OD, but as far as staying clean at louder volumes how does it do? I feel like a kid looking in the window of a candystore that's not open for business yet. Can't wait to get my hands on one of these amps.

Salvation Loneclean - highly recommended..I love mine. Also love my Matchvox and has great cleans when gain is dialed back at loud volumes - such a versatile mod hands down has quickly become one of my all time favorite mods!

the Salvation Lonestar is very versatile. it is expensive but worth it imo. i currently own the Jaded Faith Super Clean and it is the best clean module i have used in that it does what it was designed to do and it sounds good while doing it. it might not be versatile enough for what you are looking for but if you want pure clean then that is a prime candidate. i have heard clips of the JF Tweed and i was very impressed though i have never tried it myself. let me know if you want to hear more about the Lonestar or Super Clean. Good luck in your search.

I have had a stock Deluxe module for a week or so now and I am really liking it. It has nice jangly sparkly cleans with the gain knob below 10 o'clock and a nice bluesy breakup when you push it up over 2 o'clock. I really want to check out the JF XTC. It does everything from cleans to multiple OD tones and seems very versatile.

Super Clean will actually get some really cool overdrive too. I play with mostly humbuckers. If I switch the module to single coil mode, turn the Touch switch on and up the gain a bit it has a really great overdrive tone.
The LoanClean is very versatile and does a lot of great clean tones and Tweed overdrive tones. They key to that one is the "warm/Crystal" switch on the inside of the module. It really changes the core tone of the module.
The JF XTC is amazing for gain tones and the clean is not bad at all, but it doesn't have much character in my opinion. My JF Custom Tweed has character out the ying yang! The only thing I'll say about the Vox modules are don't bother with the stock Top Boost or the Super V. Salvation and Jaded Faith both have amazing Vox modules.
By the way, the clean channel of the Mash-All is REALLY good!

I'm right next to you at the candy store window, bud! I think the TwinFace and Loneclean are some of the best clips I've heard. I have the stock Blackface and it sounds great! I'll mod it one day, but it's perfect for what it is now. Nice depth, very responsive EQ to keep some of that high end at bay. The stock Plexi even has a sweet clean with the gain dialed down. It cleans up much nicer than I thought it would. I'm "all stock" (Ha!) at this point so that's all I got for ya. Even starting out with the stockers this amp has outdone itself. I'm salivating over the mods but definitely satisfied so far.

If this is your first clean module, start with a stock Blackface
In general it's considered a very good sounding stock module

I wouldn't mind having mine modded into one of the possibilities by the resident modders
but as it is, I'm not in a hurry to do so

I bought a new RM22 that came loaded with a Deluxe. It sounds amazing! Best clean I've tried yet. Funny thing is, I used to have an older model Deluxe, and it didn't sound nearly this good.

Did Randall change things or is it just a "lucky" one?

I had the stock Blackface and it had a really nice clean tone and **** close to my real Twin. I had it modded to the superclean and that sucker is really clean. If you put a distortion pedal in front if it, it sings nicely. The problem with the stock blackface is how quiet it is. I posted in another thread how I sent it back to randall and they sent me a new one just as quiet. I mean quiet as not loud at all. I also have a VoxLess. It has a nice clean, but like an AC30 or Matchless, I think it is tonally limited. it does what it does real well, though, which is why I have it. I have tweed that Rob did a minor upgrade on and it is wonderfully warm, but not really what I would call clean. I also have a stock deluxe and it is somewhat clean, but totally lovable in it's own right. I have nine or ten modules, mostly modded and some stock. I think the JF Superclean is the ultimate for clean, but others may be a bit more versatile. I see that a lot of guys around here trade modules. I have found a use for each and every one and tend to keep them all. It is not like a candy store at all, as once you eat the candy, it is gone. These suckers are here for keeps.

I cant wait to get my hands on a Salvation Stonerverb for it's awesome cleans but the fact that it has lush OD and even brutal distortion makes it that much more desireable. I find myself more drawn to modules that are diverse in this way. I mean even a Bright switch or Mid Scoop or what have you can be a wonderful addition when you're recording and like experimenting with tone. MTS is perfect for 'Nailing that desired tone" Anything you want can be found. If you don't know what you're looking for exactly, you're gonna love what you find.

I wouldn't call a Stonerverb lush clean, but more of a Vox vibe with grit. Still, mid gain modules like this have great versatility.

I got to a/b a TwinFace with a recent stock Deluxe, and although the TF was much more versatile, my favorite sound on both modules after much dialing was almost identical.

Also picked up a Tweed recently, which sounds amazing, but it gets crunchy fast.

Although it is Marshall voiced, the Malcolm is my favorite "clean" module.

I have a Twinface and Baseman from Salvation Mods.

The Twinface does perfectly what it should: Twin and Deluxe cleans. Nice real cleans with only a hint of grit when you absolutely want it.

The Baseman is my fav though because it has a slight drive to it, when you play light it's really only compression but when you dig in it grunts a bit. To me that is the perfect "clean". :D Also feels wonderful to play.

Latest posts