gigmods XTC / Mark series buzzing

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just got a Gigmods Ecstasy and Mark series module and they both seem to buzz at uncontrollably loud levels as compared to my other modules.

Are they ungrounded? I've watched the gigmods videos of these modded modules and they are completely silent whereas mine are entirely unusable for recording or live.

Anyone know anything about this or have a similar issue? I've tried changing the tubes but that wasn't the problem.

I had lots of Gigmods over the years...some may have a bit more noise, but not like what you're describing, I could always jam live & record.- sounds like you have an issue

Are you tightening the thumbscrews? Some modules more than others are susceptible to noise when screws are not grounding through the chassis.

Thanks for the input. Tightening the screws didn't change things. I wonder if for some reason they're not grounded...? They both have insane amounts of gain so it may just be that, but again, I also have the standard XTC module and it isn't nearly as noisy at full gain while at half gain the gigmods are buzzing like crazy. I'll fiddle some more and see what I can deduce.

Tried a couple of GM mods and this is pretty typical at least for me- Noisy, honky and mud. I would send to Scott at Sacred Groove or Rob at JF for a makeover if you're in the US-If you're in EU...send it to Tony at Salvation. They can change the module to your liking.

Never had a Gigmods that buzzed by itself* but all the high gainers have quite a bit of hiss with the gain up past half way...the quietest one out of the bunch was probably the Recto.

I don't usually take the gain past 7/10 on any module, modded or otherwise and that helps keep the noise down.

*I associate buzz with more of a humming sound or pickup from say, fluorescent lights...