NEW MODULE DAY - SALVATION WOLF HOFFMAN & MASH-OLDANO

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felineguitars

Reaction score
My much looked forward to modified modules for my Egnater/Randall system arrived today from Salvation Mods in Czech Republic

466463_355459151171603_110261672358020_1103952_87829502_o.jpg

The top one is a special module based on the amp used by Accept's Wolf Hoffman .
This is the second one of these ever made - the first being made to order for Wolf himself.
It is very Marshall like but with a swepable mid frequency ?- sonically it's spot on for Accept and much of ?the other German hard rock that I like.

The bottom module is the Mash-oldano which is a tasty hybrid between a hot rodded Marshall and Soldano .
This started life as an Egnater MHG module, and sounds much better now for the stuff I like.
Haven't had time to play these much but from the limited time that I have I'm blown away :D

I'll post more once I've had a chance to play some more.

I'm finding that if I back off the gain on the Hoffmn module it works great for AC/DC and Kiss tunes and being able to dial in the mid frequency (or is it the point at which the mids hand over to the treble control?) lets you sculpt a great tone.

I was having fun playing ACe Frehley bits and getting a really close tone to what he had on Kiss Alive.

460612_353828721330885_100001112794920_907656_258421117_o.jpg

I like what Anthony has done here:

Overdrive & crunch on separate channels

Crunch type switch (800/hot-rod 800) - Crunch channel only
Overdrive gain boost switch (on/off) - Overdrive channel only

3 position bright switch & 3 position bass boost (normal for Egnater modules)

Marshall/Soldano voicing switch works for both channels.

The Marshall mode adds some low mids whilst the Soldano mode has less bass/low mid end giving a clearer drive voicing

Congrats on the modules, both look killer but that Teutonic Terror is one of the best looking modules I have ever seen!

I wonder if that teutonic terror is based on the old baldringer modified marshall or something new, I read that they use Andy Sneap 5150 for recent albums.

When I saw Accept in October, I stood in front of Wolf Hoffmann. He plays through a Wizard stack and a very small rack.
I also have a dual Mash-oldano ordered... I can't wait

Wolf is the kind of genius that can play any amp and sound like him.
the last show in chile he was using a vintage amp(the brand) it is a solid state amp that sound awesome. I was showing some of their amps at wacken two years ago.

the sound on that show was HUGE! and so accept unbeliable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXZcztrx1hQ

Latest posts