Diezel Herbert Module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stemlife

Reaction score
Newbie here! My RM100 Arrives this Thursday and Im already looking for some mods! Anyone know if theres a Diezel Herbert Mod out there???

Thanks!!

I did see that one, but its been voiced as a VH4 not a Herbert. Not sure if theyre close enough for that mod... Anyone know if they share similar tonestack???

He wll do it if you ask...there was a guy on here that had one done earlier in the year....

alowerdeep said:
He wll do it if you ask...there was a guy on here that had one done earlier in the year....

I saw the guy who had the Einstein made, but the Herbert is news to me!

I thought the "Einstein" model was a Krank Amp. If not, it's good to hear it can be done. I will email Salvation Mods and inquire about this. Thanks for the replies!!!

No, the Einstein mod was definitely based on the Diezel. I can't remember the name he had Anthony give it, but it was his dog's name, which is the same way that Peter Diezel got the name for the real Einstein amp.

I've been looking for a Herbert mod as well. The vh4 is similar, but it's a lil more compressed with a slightly different attack IMO. Herbert's are becoming more and more popular it seems.one of our wonderful modded should really do a production module of it. But that's just my opinion and it's only worth what y'all paid for it lol

stemlife said:
I thought the "Einstein" model was a Krank Amp. If not, it's good to hear it can be done. I will email Salvation Mods and inquire about this. Thanks for the replies!!!

The Krank would be the Krankenstein....have one.....Killer amp...l

I have the Einstein module, it is super versitile with all three modes of channel one. I find that with a boost it can do almost anything. But I think I prefer my SG XTC for a big fat sound. I have actually been thinking about selling my Einstein module, but I don't think I will be selling it any time soon. I will need to play with it for another month or so to make a final decision on it, but I have too many modules right now.

I also seem to recall hearing that Jaded Faith is working on a Diesel mod...Might be worth while to email Rob to see if he has something in the works. The wait for mods from Rob is a lot less than Salvation.

I know it's redundant but IMHO the Diezel mods much like the Bogner Uberschall mods will never have the umph that the real amp does. Without that certain something in those power sections the magic won't be there. Close but no cigar. YMMV...

ibenhad said:
I know it's redundant but IMHO the Diezel mods much like the Bogner Uberschall mods will never have the umph that the real amp does. Without that certain something in those power sections the magic won't be there. Close but no cigar. YMMV...

Yep, there is a certain chest pounding thump on those amps that cannot be matched by anything else I've played....but you can bring it closer by going with 35 watt tubes (like KT88's)which project a much bigger low end and sound- and also by using certain cabs. I found my Mesa Recto cab did pretty well getting there but the Randall XL's are even better (400w version) Maybe the V30's in my Mesa had something to do with that..but in general the oversized cabs will help by moving a little more air.

rblyn said:
ibenhad said:

Yep, there is a certain chest pounding thump on those amps that cannot be matched by anything else I've played....but you can bring it closer by going with 35 watt tubes (like KT88's)which project a much bigger low end and sound- and also by using certain cabs. I found my Mesa Recto cab did pretty well getting there but the Randall XL's are even better (400w version) Maybe the V30's in my Mesa had something to do with that..but in general the oversized cabs will help by moving a little more air.

Im sure there is some truth to it,as the copy is not likely to be 100% because of the power secttion o rother nuiances that you cant capture on the modules,but Ive seen countless posts of people that have put the Diezel,Bogner and other modules through said amps power sections and have said they are as good or better......Ive heard recordings of the Bogner XTC and XTC mods and I think the mods actually sounded alot better.....Ive played/heard the Bogners and Diezles and just was not impressed by them...maybe it is the price tag,i dont know....not that impressive for the money when I can get something for about 1/5th of those that sound as good or better......

alowerdeep said:
rblyn said:
ibenhad said:

Im sure there is some truth to it,as the copy is not likely to be 100% because of the power secttion o rother nuiances that you cant capture on the modules,but Ive seen countless posts of people that have put the Diezel,Bogner and other modules through said amps power sections and have said they are as good or better......Ive heard recordings of the Bogner XTC and XTC mods and I think the mods actually sounded alot better.....Ive played/heard the Bogners and Diezles and just was not impressed by them...maybe it is the price tag,i dont know....not that impressive for the money when I can get something for about 1/5th of those that sound as good or better......
Well put!
Small % of tonal difference VS. small % of $$$$?!
I know where my heart and wallet stand. :lol:

alowerdeep said:
maybe it is the price tag,i dont know....not that impressive for the money when I can get something for about 1/5th of those that sound as good or better......

I hear that. I sold a Taylor 414RCE (limited with Rosewood back and sides) because the $300 Seagull I bought didn't sound quite as good but was close. Too bad it doesn't play as good as the Taylor though. :(

eyeball987 said:
alowerdeep said:
maybe it is the price tag,i dont know....not that impressive for the money when I can get something for about 1/5th of those that sound as good or better......

I hear that. I sold a Taylor 414RCE (limited with Rosewood back and sides) because the $300 Seagull I bought didn't sound quite as good but was close. Too bad it doesn't play as good as the Taylor though. :(

Cool thing about shopping aound for stuff.....it is fun and 99 times out of 100 you will find what you are looking for you are dilligent and it will not cost you alot of money....Ive found some really cool guitars for insane prices that hang with any boutique guitar Ive played or seen.....

So Back to Herbie, I read over the description and I'm guessing it's suppose to cover a few diezels??? And I quote "This modification is based on the Diezel amps. There?s a 3/4 channel switch and a +/- switch. Combinations of these 2 switches offers 4 different gain structures and different shades of Diezel-ish sound"... Hmmm. Any Benzin users out there???

I don't disagree with you guys but I think your off base. In fact it is posted right on the Salvation mods website "Note: the extended and very well pronounced low end of Diezel amps depends of specially designed Diezelish power amp. Our module offers only the preamp section." I also believe this is the same reason they stopped making/attempting to copy the Uberschall. I love my modules as much as the next guy, hell check my sig. I don't even think I list them all but a Diezel is a Diezel and a Bogner Uberschall is a Bogner Uberschall. Don't be tricked into believing that your VW GTI 1.8T is on the same level as a Ferrari. Just saying. That low end thump and magic cannot be achieved with a Randall power section without serious modification ($$$$$). The boutique stuff costs what it does for a reason.

I would never in a million years try to tour with a Randall RM 100 because they are prone to failure. Now all tube amps are destined for regular maintenance but I would happily tour with a Bogner, Diezel and even my old JCM 800 without a worry in the world. Spare set of tubes and some fuses and I am sure I could do a rigorous tour schedule.

If you are getting the sound you want who cares whats on the label. Just don't tell me that Freixenet Cordon Negro Extra Dry tastes as good as Dom Perignon. Yes the cork sniffery was an intended joke.

ibenhad said:
I don't disagree with you guys but I think your off base. In fact it is posted right on the Salvation mods website "Note: the extended and very well pronounced low end of Diezel amps depends of specially designed Diezelish power amp. Our module offers only the preamp section." I also believe this is the same reason they stopped making/attempting to copy the Uberschall. I love my modules as much as the next guy, hell check my sig. I don't even think I list them all but a Diezel is a Diezel and a Bogner Uberschall is a Bogner Uberschall. Don't be tricked into believing that your VW GTI 1.8T is on the same level as a Ferrari. Just saying. That low end thump and magic cannot be achieved with a Randall power section without serious modification ($$$$$). The boutique stuff costs what it does for a reason.

I would never in a million years try to tour with a Randall RM 100 because they are prone to failure. Now all tube amps are destined for regular maintenance but I would happily tour with a Bogner, Diezel and even my old JCM 800 without a worry in the world. Spare set of tubes and some fuses and I am sure I could do a rigorous tour schedule.

If you are getting the sound you want who cares whats on the label. Just don't tell me that Freixenet Cordon Negro Extra Dry tastes as good as Dom Perignon. Yes the cork sniffery was an intended joke.

To each their own I guess - I've toured with Mesa, Marshall, Rivera, VHT and ABed my Randall rig side by side with Bogner's and to be honest that low end of the Uberschall was cool but man was it so limiting compared to my 8 modular slots (two RM4's through RT2/50) of Sacred Groove and Salvation mods and same with Bogner Ecstasy - there's no way I'd spend that much $ on a single amp again that in all honesty to me doesn't compare tone wise and versatility wise.