Billy Corgan goes through his MTS rig

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny how he keeps saying he doesn't know much about the gear, but then starts going into details anyway :).

Cool to see - of course wish list would be to have a brief sound check of each played - thanks for posting the link!

He always was rather odd.....

But hey, his Harmony has "the same pickups as Neil Young"....so it must rock :roll:

COOL, some interesting stuff! I love those rig-walthroughs.

Fuzz mod? That sounds pretty cool, Billy is getting is fuzz tones from MTS now.

That Blue strat is just beautiful.

Are any of those custom mods of his going to see normal production like the Selma or Supertrem?

The Rossness said:
Are any of those custom mods of his going to see normal production like the Selma or Supertrem?

I hope - I'd love one of those Selma mods. Jeff allowed his Stars Stonerverb maybe Billy will as well...would be sad if all that R&D work and cool new mods were only for Billy and not able to be shared with community :)

Mr. Rogers wants his sweater back.

lol, he is looking a little sloppy these days isn't he... not to mention i always thought his tone sounded like a DS-1 slamming any amp he could get his hands on. These modules can only improve his tone..

I think the "crappy" tone has been part of the magic behind the Smashing Pumpkins. I haven't given much past their box set any attention, I miss the fuzzy grunge songwriting days. Not real big on the electronica/experimental side of Mr. Corgan. They will still always be a top ten act for me in spite of that opinion. I do think that the impure tone was something that was thoughtfully approached, and well executed.

Gish really appealed to me sonically ... Of course the writing and recording technique had that beauty of a great and unique debut album too.

I would definately be interested in some these if they came into production.

Lets break down what he said he's using

8 Preamps

60's - Selmer
MARS - "Solo amp", "I am 1" video, early material
Reeves - "Jimmy" Led Zeppelin 1 amp
Rhandy Rhoads Marshall LTD Edition
HiWatt - Jimmy
Vamp Amp - Fuzz Mod - Oceania, T-Rex played
Deizel VH4 - Late 90's early 00'
SuperTrem

Impressive selection, I would go for a couple of these for sure.

8 Preamps

60's - Selmer
MARS - "Solo amp", "I am 1" video, early material ?marshall based?
HiWatt - Jimmy
SuperTrem - Louie John Roth

wakeguitar said:

8 Preamps

60's - Selmer
HiWatt - Jimmy

I can explain all these modules. It was my work in Billy?s studio in Chicago, May 2012.
All modules were A/B compared and tweaked there, until Billy was satisfied with their sound.

1. Selma - based on Billy?s Selmer Treble?n ?Bass amplifier, includes bright and normal channels, switchable volume boost
2. Mars - based on Billy?s SOUL amp (JCM 800 2203 with Chinese KT88)
3. BC 01 (Billy has "BC Marsh" written on his pedalboard switch for this module). Slightly modified 4th channel of Salvation Mods Mash All module. Later on interview Billy says it is 90?s High Gain Marshall sound, great for Melon Collie stuff.
4.) Module based on 1959 RR white Marshall amp.
5.) J-Watt based on Reeves Jimmy amp (Jimmy Page signature).
6.)Vamp, basd on Billy?s Vampower amp. Push Pull Gainpot switch engages Fuzz mode
7.)VH4 module - aka Salvation Benzin.
8.) Supa Trem69 - module based on Billys Marshall Super Tremolo. Includes Bright and normal channel and gain boost.

Anthony

salvation said:
wakeguitar said:

8 Preamps

60's - Selmer
HiWatt - Jimmy

I can explain all these modules. It was my work in Billy?s studio in Chicago, May 2012.
All modules were A/B compared and tweaked there, until Billy was satisfied with their sound.

1. Selma - based on Billy?s Selmer Treble?n ?Bass amplifier, includes bright and normal channels, switchable volume boost
2. Mars - based on Billy?s SOUL amp (JCM 800 2203 with Chinese KT88)
3. BC 01 (Billy has "BC Marsh" written on his pedalboard switch for this module). Slightly modified 4th channel of Salvation Mods Mash All module. Later on interview Billy says it is 90?s High Gain Marshall sound, great for Melon Collie stuff.
4.) Module based on 1959 RR white Marshall amp.
5.) J-Watt based on Reeves Jimmy amp (Jimmy Page signature).
6.)Vamp, basd on Billy?s Vampower amp. Push Pull Gainpot switch engages Fuzz mode
7.)VH4 module - aka Salvation Benzin.
8.) Supa Trem69 - module based on Billys Marshall Super Tremolo. Includes Bright and normal channel and gain boost.

Anthony

Were you able to incorporate the tremolo effect into the Supa Trem?

I was surprised he still had the old American made Reverend guitars. Played them a lot about 10 yrs ago. I actually still own a Revend Rocco in black with the famous east point neck.
IMGP2162.jpg
[/img]

The bigger question is will Anthony being offering these mods!!!??