New Mesa Boogie pedals!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
audiomidijace said:
New toys for the holidays.
http://mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/pedals/pedals-main.html

I saw those too...I'm sure those pedals will turn any amp into a fire-breathing recto... :D

That's like Ford making roller skates...

Having made my obligatory jokes, I would be curious to try one...Just not nearly curious enough to buy one...

That seems like the new thing. First was the Suhr Riot, then came the Bogner pedals, now Mesa seems to be following suit.

A friend of mine is really psyched about those Bogner pedals. I'm skeptical, but I want him to buy the Ecstasy ones so I can A/B them with my SG XTC LE.

Ditto. They descriptions sound like standard OD pedals out there now.

So a couple of my buddies are swearing by these new AMT pedals that can be run direct for recording or with a power amp. My buddy sold his heavily modded Dual Rect and opted for one of these. There is a pedal modeled after each of the popular amps. He went with the Bogner.

http://amtelectronicsusa.com/index.html

Any truth to the rumor that Rob is coming out with his complete line of Jaded Faith modules in pedal form?

LoD21 said:
So a couple of my buddies are swearing by these new AMT pedals that can be run direct for recording or with a power amp. My buddy sold his heavily modded Dual Rect and opted for one of these. There is a pedal modeled after each of the popular amps. He went with the Bogner.

http://amtelectronicsusa.com/index.html

I think the Diezel VH4 pedal sounds good.Then again, I've never played a diezel.

ricky said:
Any truth to the rumor that Rob is coming out with his complete line of Jaded Faith modules in pedal form?

Salvation came out with an octave pedal, so you never know...

My buddy says he likes these so much he may sell off all of his mts stuff and replace with these pedals. I suppose i need to try a couple. I'm just afraid i might like them. Then what? I can't sell of my MTS stuff. I guess more will be better:)

I was joking about the JF Pedals, btw...
If these are digital models of pedals, why pay all of that money for a pedals when you could go to line6 or digitech and get a whole shitload of modeled amps for the price of a couple of pedals. Personally, I like the sound of the models and can make them indistinguishable for my tube amps. For me it is all in the feel. I use my Digitech gsp1101 for the effects and not the models as they never quite felt right. Same with the line 6 stuff. Pedals may be the same.

Ive seen those amt pedals,they are cool...would be great for traveling gigs overseas when you cant carry a ful rig...alot of those places backline with crappy amps as well....would be cool to get one of the pedals with something like a crate powerblock...plenty of power to mike up and you would know about what tone to expect..Not to mention,if something happened to the stuff you wouldnt be out alot of money...Soldano and Boogie have made pedals before like the Vtwin from Boogie and the Soldano Superchargers....both of which are supposed to be killer......

Google the company. I saw that their euro site comes up too. Maybe its on there. Their early pedals were more amp modeling pedals like a line 6.

AMT has two lines, one that is meant to be run in front of the amp and the ones that get great reviews being run into loop/power section or direct into a cab sim. Some of them do sound pretty **** good. The Bogner stuff sounds pretty solid to my ears I gotta say. Would be very interested in how it stacked up against the real deal. This clip might give you an idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnqm8ysi280

I know it's quick but pretty close eh?

A former rep for those pedals sold me everything he had left in stock for pennies on the dollar back when I had my store. This was the older, discontinued line. They were nothing special. I've listened to some demos of the new stuff as well. My opinion hasn't changed.

I also have heard that for direct they aren't much better than early models. I personally tried the Bogner in front of my amp and dismissed it after 30 seconds. HOWEVER run as a preamp or in a loop correctly they are supposedly fantastic. I plan to borrow the pedal and try as a preamp or in the loop. I will report back.

ricky said:
I use my Digitech gsp1101 for the effects and not the models as they never quite felt right.

Same here. Even the ones I downloaded, although better than stock, seem a little lifeless compared to the MTS preamps. The cleans are passable, although I don't really put a lot of stock in clean tones.

I've used Boss, Digitech, and I am curently useing the line 6 HD500. I love the Effects in the HD500, but the MTS preamps are still a class above. IMO.

Latest posts