yjm marshall head

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the crush 36

Reaction score
Has anyone herd the new yjm marshall if so what moduel you think would come close to that sound I think it is best amp marshall has put out in a long time and I love the tone it has

crankyrayhanky said:
I really like Jaded faith for his mid gain and Plexi tones...perhaps a 1959 would do it

Yes that's what rob from jaded faith said to but would probably have to run a distortion pedal with it to you think??

I don't think that head is a gain monster; probably has less gain than the 1959 mod with added gain stage toggle

But I do like a clean OD boost with almost any amp!

crankyrayhanky said:
I don't think that head is a gain monster; probably has less gain than the 1959 mod with added gain stage toggle

But I do like a clean OD boost with almost any amp!
I don't know it sounds like it has lots of gain I watched demos on you tube and rig talk it sounds like it has plenty of gain their are some demos guys using les pauls it sounded awsome

It has a lot of gain because the DOD or similar OD circuit is built into the amp and the clips you are listening to probably have it engaged. Don't forget higher gain pickups can make a diff too. My vote would be plexi or Brahma + DOD OD pedal or any OD pedal really. My grey spec'd YJM overdrive in front of the brahma is an excellent tone.