JF Plexitweed and Kwame Kilpatrick

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Here's a link to a silly song I recently recorded for some local radio and tv...They actually asked for "silly and simple." I have never been overqualified for anything before this...

Anyway, it's my tele (Merle Haggard pickups) through an RM50 and Plexitweed...

https://soundcloud.com/mattfig/figkwamesong

Edited to add that I completed this project, from beginning to final in 131 minutes. :)

I like the song Fig! You are getting some really good recorded tones these days..

How do you get into that line of work anyway?

Kapo_Polenton said:
I like the song Fig! You are getting some really good recorded tones these days..

How do you get into that line of work anyway?

Thanks Kapo. The tones have improved as I do all my recording at home and have learned to somewhat successfully implement the MTS systems. What a weird learning curve but it's fun and now every module is easy to record and sounds great.

For this particular gig I was requested. :lol: Seriously, I was sent the lyric sheet (which was waaay not-workable and needed refinement) and the offer. It was supposed to be my band but I just didn't have the time or patience to do such a simple thing with a higher degree of difficulty. In the end, I had little to go on besides a request for simple blues, a suggested (horrible) lyric sheet, and a message from a guy literally humming something that was quiet and followed by laughter and a little pep talk for me. When I finished it, I couldn't get in touch directly with this particular music supervisor so I just sent a 2.8 mb mp3 to the station. It was around 4am when I finished it and mastered it. I awoke at 5:30 to a text that it was starting to air. Kinda cool.

Thanks for checking it out!

I like it a lot. Simple and catchy little tune. I'll try to catch it on local tv. What show is playing it? Great job.

Thanks guys!

And Mike361, it on CBS Radio but mainly WWJ (AM950) and Fox 2 TV .. Charlie Langton has a show on both...He's the lawyer with the dark framed glasses that yells a alot if that helps... :)

That's awesome! I live on the other side on the border and watch Fox 2 all the time and can appreciate some Kwame humour. :lol:

Matt I will try to catch it on WWj. Anything regarding the as@$wipe kwammy Is good stuff.

Nice gritty tele tone, Matt!
Have you messed with the tele and this mod going for the classic clean tele C&W tone? It is really nice also. This mod is pretty versatile and has become one of my favorites. Wait a minute...I say this about most of my modules. Oddly enough, it is true.

Nice little ditty and tone.
Congrats on the work going/coming your way as well.

Nice!!!!!!!!!
short ,sweet and fun, I like the vocal,too. Well compressed,great sound of it,

so what exactly is kwame?
GtrGeorge

GtrGeorge! said:
Nice!!!!!!!!!
short ,sweet and fun, I like the vocal,too. Well compressed,great sound of it,

so what exactly is kwame?
GtrGeorge

Thanks George! Kwame is the former thug mayor of Detroit. On trial again now...Atealing money, kickbacks, murder, you name it....Hope he likes the song!