Best mod for SRV type overdrive?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L82theParty

Reaction score
I am looking for suggestions for the better option for covering SRV type tones. I have two donor mods so my options I think are as follows...
1. JF OD Special
2. JF Texas Special
3. JF Plexi Tweed
4. ? What are your thoughts? Thanks

I dont own one but from the clips ive heard and the responses to a question that i posted about the same thing it seems that the JF Vybe Deluxe is teh answer!
Im going to be ordering one in a few days and it sounds like u should too..
-mp-

L82theParty said:
I am looking for suggestions for the better option for covering SRV type tones. I have two donor mods so my options I think are as follows...
1. JF OD Special
2. JF Texas Special
3. JF Plexi Tweed
4. ? What are your thoughts? Thanks

Controversial entry:

JF SL-OD100, on crunch setting at lower gain and the module volume basically wide open :)

Rob has built me some custom Tweed modules in the past that have a push-pull pot for a gain boost. This is the best MTS SRV tone I've heard.

I would say have Rob do his base mod on a Tweed which is the cheapest way to go. but Stevie used vibroverbs or vibrolux's an awful lot and the Vybe deluxe nails that tone

Salvation Salvado DLX on lower gain setting or Salvation Baseman, both nail SRV's tone with ease.

Salvation's soundclip page has a SRV sample with the Salvado DLX.

I also agree. The Salvado DLX is arguably one of the most diverse mods out there. It nails the SRV lead tone and a whole lot more

FWIW

CM AC tone & Boss DC-2 are 2 pedals IHMO that excel at SRV

check out pete thorns youtube vids - good stuff !

(even SRV used pedals ~ :wink: )