Cameron Amps?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anomaly

Reaction score
Anyone here played or own a Cameron Amp CCV or Atomica?
Looking for an alternative amp that sounds like Cameron Amp, Possibly Engl Retro tube or Splawn quickrod? Cameron amp are so pricey I heard there the Dumble (crystal lattices? :lol:) of Hotrodded Marshall?

At one point I owned two CCVs and an Atomica. I currently own one CCV, oddly enough it has been modded by Mark Cameron. What exactly do you want to know?

Camerons are their own beast, very unique. Are they better? Are they worth the cost? That's entirely up to the buyer. I happen to know someone that can actually get Mark to work and I buy his seconds, so I'm in a good position that way.

As I said they are unique, but all amps are. I decided on the modded CCV as my keeper. They are considered a modded Marshall tone, but I'd contest they have quite a bit of Bogner tone wise; which makes sense since Mark worked at Bogner.

In summation, if you want a Cameron - you need a Cameron. Do you need a Cameron? That's up to you.

drewiv said:
At one point I owned two CCVs and an Atomica. I currently own one CCV, oddly enough it has been modded by Mark Cameron. What exactly do you want to know?

Camerons are their own beast, very unique. Are they better? Are they worth the cost? That's entirely up to the buyer. I happen to know someone that can actually get Mark to work and I buy his seconds, so I'm in a good position that way.

As I said they are unique, but all amps are. I decided on the modded CCV as my keeper. They are considered a modded Marshall tone, but I'd contest they have quite a bit of Bogner tone wise; which makes sense since Mark worked at Bogner.

In summation, if you want a Cameron - you need a Cameron. Do you need a Cameron? That's up to you.

Thanks Drew!

I'm just dreaming on the Cameron :lol: No way I'll spend that much cash for an Amp to be honest.. I don't even play in a band so there's no way to justify having another amp, that's why I sold my Mark V last year.. MTS suits my needs :wink:

I've toyed on the idea of buying Axe FX II though, it's got Cameron Amp model in there :roll:

I was gonna ask about the difference between CCV and Atomica but you answered it on the other thread. I've got to stay away from watching youtube amp demo's :lol:

fuzzboat said:
psychoDave ?? :D
No, I don't know Dave. It's a relatively quiet forum member that I happened to start talking with. To be honest, I have no idea how his relationship with Mark works and don't want to know. My understanding of the whole situation is minimal. I do like Mark's amps and mods, but I would never trust my amp in his hands.

DrewIV has no idea what hes talking about when it comes to Cameron....LOL and theres a reason I say that. He just forgot how good his modded marshalls from Trace are.

Go plug into a HG Jose and shove an OD down its throat and call it a day.

bhuard75 said:
DrewIV has no idea what hes talking about when it comes to Cameron....LOL and theres a reason I say that. He just forgot how good his modded marshalls from Trace are.

Go plug into a HG Jose and shove an OD down its throat and call it a day.

LOL. I didn't forget. I sold the Atomica, I still have the Voodoo HG Jose SLP. That should say something.

Trace has a great product. I did prefer Trace's take on a Jose Marshall. My SLP has a saturation pot that really made the difference in my decision. It gets more of the tone I was looking for in that type of amp.

Anomaly said:
drewiv said:

Thanks Drew!

I'm just dreaming on the Cameron :lol: No way I'll spend that much cash for an Amp to be honest.. I don't even play in a band so there's no way to justify having another amp, that's why I sold my Mark V last year.. MTS suits my needs :wink:

I've toyed on the idea of buying Axe FX II though, it's got Cameron Amp model in there :roll:

I was gonna ask about the difference between CCV and Atomica but you answered it on the other thread. I've got to stay away from watching youtube amp demo's :lol:

I own 1 of 3 Cameron/Standel Monster 100 watt heads. It is the CCV prototype, I agree they are there own beast, you can't say it compares to rodded Marshall tones as the reference to Bogner is totally applicable and tonewise sounds like a blend of the 2. I play Tech Death and I never thought I'd find my ultimate tone is a Cameron.

About the Axe Fx2... I loooooooove the Axe to death. Favourite piece of gear I have ever owned but you wont get that 'Cameron' feel, close but not one of the greatest on the axe. The Camerock is the closest tone in terms of feel and playability...

FWIW, I loved my Camerock and have a few profiles of it on KPA
I used it for the hi gain rhythm on the DWYN video in my sig
The low & mid gain options are quite stunning, Salvo really made a great mod

crankyrayhanky said:
The low & mid gain options are quite stunning, Salvo really made a great mod

I use it for the same reason!!! The low and mid gain is just stellar.

I wrote that in another topic about someone wanting a low/mid gain to compliment his high gain Camerock tone.