Your top 3 mods at the moment...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
I know they ALWAYS change for a lot of us but right now mine are:

Salvation Twinface
Friedman RSC Plexi (can't believe I almost sold this)
SG Afterlife

Between those 3 mods I can cover every major tone I need...It will change but right now those are in the recording head and haven't moved in a while...On a side note there will be some new tunes for you guys to check out soon...These mods are all over them as well as a dozen more... :D

1) Platinum Snakebite
2) Vybe Deluxe

The third one changes every five minutes, currently in love with my new Silverado....but it's going to take a lot to kick that 59RR Plat off the favorite list.

1. Voxless
2. SG MK22
3. JF Base modified Randall Ultra

I'm VERY happy with all 8 of my modules used in my dual, 4 channel setup. But I think I could get the job done with those 3.

1) JF VybeDeluxe
2) JF Venom ( the Platinum Snake Bite prototype)
3) Voodoo Mods Tsunami

1. SL-OD100
2. BRAHMA #39
3. VOXLESS

I need more time with the QUICKMOD GT before I decide where that one will rank.

JF Pitbull
SG Afterlife
JF 1959RR Platinum

These three have me covered from mid thru high gain. I love that each one definitely has its own unique personality.

1. SnakeBite
2. Vybe Deluxe
3. JF XTC SE

picking a 3rd one is very hard as its basically either the snakebite or the vybe that are getting the playing time, I actually think that the snakebite beats the XTC for Leads now after comparing the two a bunch today, Is there anything that the Snakebite cant dominate at?
(besides cleans)
Very very impressed!
-Matt Page-

1. Camerock
2. Friedman Brahma
3. SG XTC

but I need dual versions of these! :)

SG SL+
Mr Scary
Grail

Yeah, stockers. Have a JF Voxless, Mark X, and XTC sitting idle while the stock sig mods and a base mod JCM800 get the playing time. Maybe next week I'll swing the other way, but atm stockers are where it's at for me.

1-JF Superclean
2-JF Mark X
3-Salvation Salvado X66

I bought the Salvado off the forum and I knew it had a few problems so after replacing crappy pots dodgy switches and some bad solder joints my Tech finally got the Salvado X66 online working flawless and it is a sweet beast.

5985_725811491465_1766196346_n.jpg

Mattfig said:
Wow...The STonerverb is the clean in there huh Jace? Pretty cool...
Not Jace, but yea, My Stoneverb has a toggle switch that goes from Rockerverb/ Scooped Rockerverb/ AD30 + a clean channel. I leave it in AD30 mode with the gain set pretty low. Sometimes I use my Voodoo 3eb for clean stuff, but it doesn't take a fuzz well. The Rockerverb loves da fuzz! Alternatively if I don't need cleans, I have a Rockerverb at my disposal.

The Rossness said:
Mattfig said:
Not Jace, but yea, My Stoneverb has a toggle switch that goes from Rockerverb/ Scooped Rockerverb/ AD30 + a clean channel. I leave it in AD30 mode with the gain set pretty low. Sometimes I use my Voodoo 3eb for clean stuff, but it doesn't take a fuzz well. The Rockerverb loves da fuzz! Alternatively if I don't need cleans, I have a Rockerverb at my disposal.

Thanks Ross...Sorry about the Jace thing, I'm medicated...

That Stonerverb sounds awesome...Mine is tweaked the exact opposite with no clean options and all gain shifts...It's the best utility knife for gain I've ever had but if you ever wanna trade, I'm your man... :)

Mattfig said:
The Rossness said:
Mattfig said:

Thanks Ross...Sorry about the Jace thing, I'm medicated...

That Stonerverb sounds awesome...Mine is tweaked the exact opposite with no clean options and all gain shifts...It's the best utility knife for gain I've ever had but if you ever wanna trade, I'm your man... :)

I used to use a real Rockerverb as my main amp and know the power of the cleans. Orange has great clean tones. The only thing my module doesn't do, that a real orange does is get the Soldano type of sound. A Rockerverb tweaked the right way could sound very much like an SLO. I can't get that sound out of my Stoneverb. Bet then there's the clean channel and AD30 mode. Oranges almost have this kind of flat, creamy clean tone with a hint of high end sparkle. My old clean module was a MatchVox but as I used the orange more and more, The MV was used less and less until I sold it. So I use my Orange for everything- Clean, Fuzz, Classic Rock, Metal. it can do It all.

Matt, what can you tell me about the Twinface? I've been looking for a dedicated clean module with lots of headroom and am stuck between the H-Watt, Twinface, Buddy, Loneclean, and Voodoo Twin. How does yours compare?

Thanks for the Rockerverb info...No my stonerverb can get to SLO territory but that's because in place of cleans, I have more means....:) I miss the cleans...

The Twinface I can tell you is top notch...It can do a sparkle clean like no other and you can push it into plexi if you activate mojo and pushed switches....

It's my fave clean....The Baseman is a very close second but for traditional Fender big and full cleans- Twinface....