MHG vs. ERECT

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iconoclysm

Reaction score
Can anyone with experience with both of these dual channel modules chime in with any opinions or descriptions of tonal characteristics? I can't make up my mind on which to buy!

Thanks!!

Buy both,they are SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL,If your looking for a heavy bottom,go erect....

jmgman70 said:
Buy both,they are SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL,If your looking for a heavy bottom,go erect....

Definitely looking for heavy bottom - something to replace the Recto Pre I was using before I bought an M4. I'm a bit confused though, what do two channels mean in this module? Is one going to be like "Raw" and one like "Vintage"? And if that's the case, is the MHG similar to a Rectifier "Modern" mode?

My only concern is that the ERECT might overdo the bottom end or have a bit too little gain. And that the MHG might be too bright...

The sounds I'm looking to pull off with this particular module would be for both Mid-90's grunge like AIC/Soundgarden/new Metallica and for nu-metalish stuff like System Of A Down. Too much bass heavy stuff and I think SOAD sounds would be mushed up and too much brightness would ruin what I'm looking for in the grunge category. I'm really hoping to cover this whole spectrum of artists' sounds with one dual channel module.

Iconoclysm,

I've got both. I had my MHG mod'ed to sound closer to the somewhat softer sound of an Ecstacy. I actually use it for all my more saturated and legatto type fusion leads with either single coil or humucker. The Erect is probably far closer to what you are after. At higher volumes, the thing is just super punchy and full (whith plenty of low end) even without too much gain. It's really incredible. The B channel fattens up some and is slightly softer with more complex mids. (I know...it sounds like a wine description). Hope this helps.