Oh hell yeah....Mr. John Kasha!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
OK, this is my own personal excited update...Mr. John Kasha is considering a go at some mods and I want to know what you guys want....Some of us have soooo many mods, what is lacking????

This guy is amazing...The market is filled with amazing modders already, so my question is....

What can he bring to you guys? Mods of his Evil Robot? Something new and different?

The ideas working now are outstanding and soon his new site will launch with yours truly showing off the Quikmod for starters...Among many many many amazing Kasha products...
I don't think he desires to reinvent the wheel as he's a pioneer...This is your chance to have input into an open mind new to MTS...A mind that thinks in circuitry already....Please take this opportunity to PM me your ideas....

Much thanks,
Mattfig

As randall and Egnater have kind of dropped the line, it would be cool if someone would expand on the amp/preamp system....maybe other amps to choose from? I go into this late and bought an RM4 and by the time I fell in love, I could only buy used RM20s, Rm50s, etc.
I am sure there could be other ways of using these modules...different amps with bays that would accept the MTS stuff?
there are enough mods to keep me interested for a while...I always wanted a bass amp and Rob finally came up with one which is next on my list.
How about an MTS ready amp that would have the capabilities of speaker sims built in?
I have always said that Randall marketed this to only one segment of the guitar world and didn't count on folks like me who play other styles. Rob really did open that up in a big way with his classic old amp building abilities. His STAX, GA-50 and I believe there was a classic Ampeg Reverb rocket or something like that.

ricky said:
As randall and Egnater have kind of dropped the line, it would be cool if someone would expand on the amp/preamp system....maybe other amps to choose from? I go into this late and bought an RM4 and by the time I fell in love, I could only buy used RM20s, Rm50s, etc.
I am sure there could be other ways of using these modules...different amps with bays that would accept the MTS stuff?
there are enough mods to keep me interested for a while...I always wanted a bass amp and Rob finally came up with one which is next on my list.
How about an MTS ready amp that would have the capabilities of speaker sims built in?
I have always said that Randall marketed this to only one segment of the guitar world and didn't count on folks like me who play other styles. Rob really did open that up in a big way with his classic old amp building abilities. His STAX, GA-50 and I believe there was a classic Ampeg Reverb rocket or something like that.

Noted and forwarded along with all messages PM'd! Thanks guys....He's not trying to step on toes....He just wants to fill a niche'....Your assistance is appreciated!

You also mentioned that he is a "pioneer." Building more mods would be one thing but moving MTS into the next level would be cool. I do not know what that next level might be, but then I am just a guitar player.

The Evil Robot is a good idea. Really good!

I'd like to try his version of a JTM.

How about a Rev. Billy Gibbons mod that goes after a few of his famous sounds?

How about a module that transforms into anything I could want or think of hahaha

I mean come on you are going to ask us gear whores what we want that changes more often than my socks

But that would seriously be cool to see some of the more obscure amps it seems that many famous/popular amps have been covered already in abundance

Another thing I've kind of admired with some of the modders is the creations/hybrid variations IE the Salvo Voxy Face where you take the Twinface (fender twin/deluxe) and give it a Voxy style british EQ. There are so many cool things you could do to make different clean, mid gain, and high gain modules they don't even necessarily have to be based on existing amps if you know different circuits and all that.

I'd say if someone was to get licensing to make new combos/heads that took modules it'd be neat to see some different variations the original line only used 12" speakers what about 10's and 15's, how about bass speakers?

Like I for one think a 2x10 or 4x10 could be really fun especially with some Fendery voiced modules.

A 15 could be fun for a multitude of different things.

Old Supros, Gibsons, Ampegs, various Fenders (vibrolux, vibro king, among countless others that haven't been captured yet), Matchless (aside from the DC30), more bass amps (different ampegs, edens, markbasses, ashdowns, hiwatts, sunn, etc) and I too would find it interesting to see a high powered MTS bass amp (all tube with actual bass speakers and cabinet not just a converted "guitar" MTS combo/head).

A simple power amp that had plate voltage around 275 to 375, maybe select-able (275-325-375) with adjustable bias that would allow the use of standard
6V6s around 15-22 watts output would really be great. Maybe with a tube rectifier. Or just the Power amp side of a Deluxe Reverb.

Or...a module version of the Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine or the Blues Master that had 1-12ax7 and 1-EL84.

kc2eeb said:
A simple power amp that had plate voltage around 275 to 375, maybe select-able (275-325-375) with adjustable bias that would allow the use of standard
6V6s around 15-22 watts output would really be great. Maybe with a tube rectifier. Or just the Power amp side of a Deluxe Reverb.

I can testify that the M4 sounds great using the effect return of the Ceriatone OTS 20 as a power amp which is a 20 watt 6V6 power section...

how about a way to change the key components of the power amp to closer emulate certain amps?Kinda like power amp modules you can swap out after you bias the tubes you want?

Part of the problem with the mts line is that a great majority of guitar players are very close minded or shut off to the idea of mts.......for some reason they will embrace the line 6,Axe Fx,and other modeling technology.but tend to turn their noses up to this stuff....I have talked with quite a few online and in person about the stuff and they seem like they are interested at first but most will not even check it out and wont buy the stuff for whatever reason......a lot of them that listen to clips don't seem to think they sound like the amps they emulate either....I don't know what they are missing but that seems to be the reality of it I my experience when I have tried to promote the mts stuff

You can blame two things for the reluctance...

Guitarists like it simple...

Randall's modules didn't deliver enough authenticity, either out of keeping expenses down or not wanting to tread too heavily on other company's turf?

Until someone plugs in and feels/ hears the coolness a lot of guys are gonna be resistant.

My top choices would be.........

1. Rivera era Fender Concert amp.
2. Friedman Dirty Shirley.
3. Marshall 1974x
4. 65 Amps London.
5. Sacred Groove MK 11

No disrespect to any of the original designers -

Thanks guys....Keep 'em coming!

Kasha is NOT ready to accept mods and will announce when he is...This is research and development still...But, trust me, when you guys find out what will be available; I have a feeling there will be many happy MTS'ers!

Pm'd you with some ideas.

From some of the ideas on here as well as some of mine, can you say if he's interested in picking up the amp line where Randall left off, or is he more interested in modules? Is he interested in modding or producing new modules or what? Has he talked with Bruce at all.

The Rossness said:
Pm'd you with some ideas.

From some of the ideas on here as well as some of mine, can you say if he's interested in picking up the amp line where Randall left off, or is he more interested in modules? Is he interested in modding or producing new modules or what? Has he talked with Bruce at all.

Right now, the idea is making some Kasha modules and explore new territories but I can assure you that Bruce will be consulted when necessary. Right now is just r & d ... :) Thanks for the suggestions as well!

I too would love to see some new ground treaded on the power amp side of things. RT 2/50 mods would be awesome! As would some evil robot stuff. Always enjoy what i hear from those amps!

kurtisqpublic said:
I too would love to see some new ground treaded on the power amp side of things. RT 2/50 mods would be awesome! As would some evil robot stuff. Always enjoy what i hear from those amps!

Not sure on the RT2/50 side of things as those are becoming extinct?But perhaps?

As for "other" items, you will be happy! :)

Latest posts