i'm am new

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiritledd

Reaction score
I am a new Randall owner and MTS-er ...I have decided I am going to get Grail, Ultra XL and KH-1 to get going ...going to get all new tubes ...Tung-Sol's AX 7for Grail and Ultra ...and I want to try a Mullard for KH-1 ...going for JJ/Tesla 6L6's power amp
think I am on track? ...did a little reading here on MTS and other forums and You Tubed as well

Sounds great man! Tweaking is where it's at here in this Lil community. Just wait till you plunge into the modded circuits. Whoah, Nellie!

Welcome aboard and have fun chasing tone.... It's a slippery slope; precede with caution :)

The first one is never free, but that won't stop you. I have found tubes to be a huge influence on how my amp sounds. V1 in both the modules and the amp. Also in V3 (phase inverter) maybe (both sides of the tube) best to get matched tube for this as it will be smoother. Tubedepot.com is a good source

The modded ones are night/day

Good luck

Welcome and happy tone hunting. Looks like you are off to a good start although I don't have much love for 6L6 JJ's. I do like EH's just fine.