Voodoo Tsunami anyone?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rblyn

Reaction score
Picked one up- anyone else think this one is Trace's best work on the MTS side of things? What a mod! I cant stop playing on it! I would say it is certainly the most versatile he offers (low/mid and high gain tones). As with other Voodoo mods, it kills for leads- not sure how to describe it but it's really easy to play. I hear Marshall on roids but there's something else here, cant quite pinpoint it- You can dial up some extra low end if needed on the trim pots too. Makes it a hybrid of sorts but mostly Marshall..Anyway, try one if you can-

dcg8 said:
That's a fine looking mod you got there :)

Yes and thank you sir! (again!) FWIW- dcg8 is awesome to deal with! Second mod now I picked up from him in as many weeks and he's a great guy to deal with! No worries when you're dealing with dcg8!

rblyn said:
Picked one up- anyone else think this one is Trace's best work on the MTS side of things?

This is, by far, my favorite Voodoo Amps module. Not much else to say. Congrats!

drewiv said:
rblyn said:
Picked one up- anyone else think this one is Trace's best work on the MTS side of things?

This is, by far, my favorite Voodoo Amps module. Not much else to say. Congrats!

Pretty much sums it up! Thanks!

So in discussing some things with Trace @ Voodoo- I found out out the Tsunami circuit is all his- it's based on the many requests he was getting... His quote- "This was a circuit that I designed from the ground up. Some wanted a Marshall'esq flavor but with more gain and boldness, others wanted a Rectifier'esq quality without the buzzy'ness and with more articulation. The Tsunami circuit design was my answer to those requests. In short, it's not really designed or copied from anything but rather my own circuit design" I'll say this...it's a brilliant mod! I knew I heard something other than Marshall in there. Overall, its still more hot rodded Marshall but it's got more balls to it too.

Awesome mod for sure. I still miss mine and I haven't heard anything like it since. Something crazy in the mids that set it apart and can only really be understood when one is being played in person.

It's too bad Trace isn't doing MTS related work anymore (at least according to the Voodoo Amps website). :cry:

metalsoup said:
It's too bad Trace isn't doing MTS related work anymore (at least according to the Voodoo Amps website). :cry:

Yeah, he is on "hiatus" from that but he did say he "heard" that MTS modules may very well be coming back into production. (2nd time Ive heard this from an industry source?) He said once that happens, he will pick up again...

Sweet...Voodoo is the only mod shop I've not tried anything from (yet)!