Which XTC mod?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MainiacMetal

Reaction score
I'm looking for as close as possible to AIC tones and I have an xtc as a donor...which one? Thanks!

Sacred Groove XTC for the win....Available this week at motorcitymods.com

It is an amazing module and you could be the first to own this limited edition...Blue and Red channels are on a toggle and every bit of XTC tone (including those from the 40th Anniversary Series) is in this mod...

Seconding the Sacred Groove XTC. I had the JF model once, and it's very good, but the Sacred Groove one is in a class by itself.

What does the SG XTC do different from the JF?

The JF was a revelation for me, great high gain mod...a bit tubby with an LP but still pretty great.

I'd vote for a Salvation Shiver. I never should have sold that one. It doesn't get much talk here and I don't understand why. I thought it was awesome! It sounded just like a Shiva's dirty channel. AIC was know to use Bogner Shiva's on their recordings.

Yup, the Shiver Mode on Salvations XTC wass pretty much that tone...I never had the Shiver module.

I still have my Jeff Hilligan Snorkeler XTC mod...very much in the same ballpark. :twisted:

I love my SG Fisch FOR THAT TONE(and many others) and my SG XTC LE is insanely versatile.

JKD said:
What does the SG XTC do different from the JF?

The JF was a revelation for me, great high gain mod...a bit tubby with an LP but still pretty great.

I should point out that the JF XTC that I had was an older revision, and I hear he has done some updates to it that really take it out of the park. With that said, I find there to be a bit more substance to the midrange on the SG model, and I like how the two different structure modes on the SG one behave better than on the JF. On the JF mod, it felt more or less like a gain boost, whereas on the SG version there's more to it than that--it changes the saturation characteristics. The SG one (well, mine, anyway) also has a three-way bright switch and a three-way depth switch, allowing for a pretty fantastic amount of EQ tuning.