MotorCity Mods - Exciting News !!

MTS module area including module modifications

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

Johnny Wadd
Lynch Box
Posts: 538
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:57 am
Location: Michigan

MotorCity Mods - Exciting News !!

Post by Johnny Wadd » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Just wanted to share with everyone that MotorCity Mods has has added 3 BRAND NEW modules to the line up !!

1 - "One" by Pirate Mods - A spectacular clean mod (you may already know this as the "Mystery Clean" that we posted months ago. :-)

2 - Rockmod - by MotorCity Mods - The BURN channel is like no other high gain amp you have ever heard. It produces a huge amount of articulate and musical gain with an ability to retain its openness and dynamics. Every note played is easily tracked with excellent clarity and rich harmonics exploding across the entire fret board. With the Post-Gain knob, all amounts of saturation can be controlled, from light to heavy. Burn is the only way to describe this preamp and once you try it, you will agree...

3 - Maggie 335 - The very first Modular preamp to feature 3 tubes and built in effects !!

Visit MotorCityMods.com to check it out!
Audio clips coming soon !!!

rblyn
Lynch Box
Posts: 958
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:10 am
Location: SoCal

Re: MotorCity Mods - Exciting News !!

Post by rblyn » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:37 pm

Johnny Wadd wrote:Just wanted to share with everyone that MotorCity Mods has has added 3 BRAND NEW modules to the line up !!

1 - "One" by Pirate Mods - A spectacular clean mod (you may already know this as the "Mystery Clean" that we posted months ago. :-)

2 - Rockmod - by MotorCity Mods - The BURN channel is like no other high gain amp you have ever heard. It produces a huge amount of articulate and musical gain with an ability to retain its openness and dynamics. Every note played is easily tracked with excellent clarity and rich harmonics exploding across the entire fret board. With the Post-Gain knob, all amounts of saturation can be controlled, from light to heavy. Burn is the only way to describe this preamp and once you try it, you will agree...

3 - Maggie 335 - The very first Modular preamp to feature 3 tubes and built in effects !!

Visit MotorCityMods.com to check it out!
Audio clips coming soon !!!
WOW!!! If John captured the Rockmod preamp rack version in a module, Im sold! And Maggie in a module?? How did they do that??? Killer news, some new life coming into MTS- congrats guys!!!!
RM100/GT KT88's/Winged C EL34's x 2
RM20CP
Randall XL 4x12 x2/Boss GT10
"only the best" mods!

Oregon
Lynch Box
Posts: 537
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:01 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Oregon » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:34 pm

These are exciting! Can't wait to hear demos :)
RM4, RT2/50, LynchBox Combo

JKD
Donating Member
Posts: 4991
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:25 am
Location: NorCal

Post by JKD » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:50 pm

\m/ :twisted: \m/
Synergy - HBE,SLO,VH4,TDLX,Plexi, ENGL,OS,BB/BE, AC
Salvation-Deadplate, Spawn, MarkUS, Dual Salvado+JJ Dirt+Terrier
JF-Dual Erect
Gigmods - Mark
Hilly-Snorkeler
Egnater -COD, ERECT, VX
Randall - Brahma,Scary, Grail, SuperV

warlok
RM100
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:07 am
Location: AZ

Post by warlok » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:36 am

Who is Pirate Mods?
Jackson, Charvel, Ibanez. RM100, RM50 (both Foglifted), JF Erect, MarkX, '59RR, XTC, Stock KH1 & 1086. Carvin 4x12 with G12T-75's/V30's X-pattern, Randall R212CS with older Eminence OEM's

Mattfig
Donating Member
Posts: 5686
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:12 pm
Location: Hurtling through space on a wet rock.
Contact:

Post by Mattfig » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:23 am

warlok wrote:Who is Pirate Mods?
Pirate Mods is an offshoot of some of our MotorCity Mods team. We will have 3 total Pirate Mods that will have some cool faceplates and great tone...
Matt Fig -
MotorCity Mods
www.motorcitymods.com

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com

Mattfig
Donating Member
Posts: 5686
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:12 pm
Location: Hurtling through space on a wet rock.
Contact:

Post by Mattfig » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:34 am

Thanks guys for the kind words and support!
Matt Fig -
MotorCity Mods
www.motorcitymods.com

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com

mr.air
RM50
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:09 am
Location: Denmark

Post by mr.air » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:28 am

Man I'm looking foreward to hearing some clips :D
Good deals with: ultrase7en, mfred, blacksun

Mattfig
Donating Member
Posts: 5686
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:12 pm
Location: Hurtling through space on a wet rock.
Contact:

Post by Mattfig » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:31 am

Clips this week... :)

BTW, for anyone wondering, the Maggie is based off an old Magnatone which also served as a platform for some other popular amps... :)
Matt Fig -
MotorCity Mods
www.motorcitymods.com

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com

lintycreep
RM100
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:30 pm
Location: PA

Post by lintycreep » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:35 am

Nicely done gents. The Maggie mod seems interesting enough that I may have to lift my purchasing freeze! Congrats!
SM: Masholdano, Baseman, Camerock,
SG: Fisch
Stock duels: COD

lintycreep
RM100
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:30 pm
Location: PA

Post by lintycreep » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:21 am

After checking out the faceplates.... I'm guessing we can assume the John Kaska is one of the partners of MotorCityMods? Maggie 335.... made in Los Angeles... Rockmod... no name variation needed to avoid lawsuit.


Or is this the thing Bruce alluded to... amp makers creating their own modules. Very interesting :D
SM: Masholdano, Baseman, Camerock,
SG: Fisch
Stock duels: COD

mfgobbi
RM100
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:49 am
Location: Brazil

Post by mfgobbi » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:09 am

What about the pirate one mod, what is it based on?

Also, I have a rockmod 2 preamp and I love the crunch channel... including a switch for the crunch channel sharing the tone stack with burn shouldn't be difficult. Is that apossibility?
Mattfig wrote:Clips this week... :)

BTW, for anyone wondering, the Maggie is based off an old Magnatone which also served as a platform for some other popular amps... :)
RM4, RT2/50, RM100, and a mod or 2.

MarcoR
Donating Member
Posts: 905
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 10:47 am
Location: Frederick, MD

Post by MarcoR » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:23 am

Mattfig wrote:
warlok wrote:Who is Pirate Mods?
Pirate Mods is an offshoot of some of our MotorCity Mods team. We will have 3 total Pirate Mods that will have some cool faceplates and great tone...
"Pirate Mods" very tongue in cheek. :lol:

Here's to "Maggie"!
Image
Synergy: SYN2, Friedman DS, HBE
Self Modded: Egnater B'Man, SL2X
Amps: VHT 2/50/2, RM50, Landry LS100 G3, Splawn Quick Rod, Marshall 6100LM

Johnny Wadd
Lynch Box
Posts: 538
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:57 am
Location: Michigan

Post by Johnny Wadd » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:23 am

The Pirate Mods "One" is a nice clean - clips are already posted of it listed as the "mystery clean" back from when we were developing.

withmittens
Lynch Box
Posts: 1117
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 12:37 pm
Location: Beacon, NY
Contact:

Post by withmittens » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:46 am

Are you accepting donors for the Maggie? I have a stock tweed and will send it toot freakin sweet. Damn you, I was planning out my GAS depletion and was convincing myself that I was nearly set for a while. A Magnatone with true tube vibrato? and 3 tubes? GTFO

You're joking, right?

but seriously....can you tell us about what model this is based on and of the 3rd tube handles the vibrato and of that vibrato is true pitch shifting?

also, is the circuitry following the older schematics?
RM22, RM4
CrazyNuts' Dirty Sanchez, DuoPlex, Selma, Supra, Twinface, Evil Kitty, CC30, XTC
SG, LP Std., Strat, TELE

Post Reply