favorite orange module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpitfireMusic

Reaction score
Hey guys first post on here, been in the MTS world for a while but new to the world of modded modules.

I got a C Watt from Salvation Mods and love it and think that something in the Orange camp would be a good compliment to it.

I have a few other amps VOX AC30, Fender Excelsior and Blues Juniors.

I would love a vintagey Orange module would the Salvation Graphic OR be the ticket or should I go with another mod?

BTW if it helps I have an RM22 head and a 1x12" randall cabinet (planning on swapping the stock Greenback for an Eminence Tonker)

If vintage Orange is the target the Salvation Graphic OR is great.

I also highly recommend the Stonerverb. I have this in the "Starz" version (has some extra switches), and there are a few customized versions Anthony makes there.

I'm a big fan for how right these feel and sound.

Oregon said:
If vintage Orange is the target the Salvation Graphic OR is great.

I also highly recommend the Stonerverb. I have this in the "Starz" version (has some extra switches), and there are a few customized versions Anthony makes there.

I'm a big fan for how right these feel and sound.

+1 on Graphic OR and also on Stonerverb (I also have the Starz version) for high gain

I really love Rob's Rockerverb clone, the RVerb. It is so uniquely Orange. I also have his vintage HiWatt which is a different animal.
I don't use the RVerb a lot, but when I want that tone, it doesn't get ny better. I hit a chord and immediately smile.

I have a Salvo OR50 which is super versatile with a vintage sort of vibe.

That being said, I have two Stonerverbs (one De Large) which I love.
I wanted to have the ability to access its clean and high sounds on the fly. I use them for more indy/alt-rock tones.

I've read that the Salvo Graphic leans vintage as well..all about the sound you're wanting to get with the Orange flavored mods.

I've not played any of the JF versions, but the Salvos I've played are pretty awesome.

I use the 50R, looking to trade for a Graphic, I think.

I love the 50R because it does rich cleans very well then hit the cleans with an overdrive and get a vintage grind. A boost or overdrive with some eq can really help dial in many Orange tones.

When you boost up the gain on the 50R you get crunch to saturated doom or stoner tones. Buzzy Orange is here with tons of harmonic stuff happening.

I really like it. Only thing that bothers me is that it's fairly dark sounding which is why I use a boost with EQ to boost treble.

I had the Stoner AD which was dead on Rocker AD sounds but I traded it. The natural channel of that mod was only good for a pedal base. It took everything perfectly.

I to have a C Watt from Salvation Mods and I also love it. It is very good on it's own and when clean it takes any fuzz/OD pedal combination I can throw at it.

I have been thinking about getting myself one of the Stonerverb's with all the switches. Does any of you know if it takes fuzz/OD pedal combination well?

Most of the times when using fuzz I always have a tube OD in front or behind it and this demand a little bit extra fromthe clean channels.

Yatagan said:
I to have a C Watt from Salvation Mods and I also love it. It is very good on it's own and when clean it takes any fuzz/OD pedal combination I can throw at it.

I have been thinking about getting myself one of the Stonerverb's with all the switches. Does any of you know if it takes fuzz/OD pedal combination well?

Most of the times when using fuzz I always have a tube OD in front or behind it and this demand a little bit extra fromthe clean channels.

My Stonerverb loves a lil boost in the front and handles every one I have tried wonderfully...

A bit late to this party, but I've owned every Orange mod there is. I ended up sticking with the 50R. It straddles modern & vintage perfectly, sounds great at lower and higher gain settings, imo it's the most versatile for that reason. I can get awesome spanky, almost fender-ish cleans, big fat super complex harmonically rich mid-gain, and when hit hard with an OD, just brutal modern metal tones - like a cross between an uberschall & recto...

All That being said, the Graphic OR is decidedly the most vintage sounding, and just nails the OR80 sound dead on. I had a real hard time deciding wether to keep the Graphic or 50R, and only decided on the 50R because of its versatility & ability to cop modern metal tones if I ever needed them. But, if your after vintage orange, Graphic all the way! It's a great mod! Actually, all of the orange mods are great, just different flavors.

ricky said:
I really love Rob's Rockerverb clone, the RVerb. It is so uniquely Orange. I also have his vintage HiWatt which is a different animal.
I don't use the RVerb a lot, but when I want that tone, it doesn't get ny better. I hit a chord and immediately smile.

I have a JF Dual RVerb...it's the tits! I don't use it for cleans, but am sure it's capable...very unique gain sound.

Recently bought a Rockerverb 50 MkI since my favorite module to date is a Salvation Mods Stonerverb (without gate switch).

They sound nothing like each other running through different power amps, and I haven't tried running the Orange head through my Fryette 2:90:2 with KT88's yet. The head has 6V6's which I've never owned before.

The Rockerverb sounds much darker even with the high's on 0 than the Stonerverb module and the gain goes much higher on the Module.

The head sounds just like Sabbath... The module sounds like Kyuss.

However, I have 10 amps Including modules... And my favorite two are the real Orange followed by the Salvation mods Stonerverb... So there is definitely some similarities I can't put into words.

The Orange Closed back 2X12 I got with the amp is VERY dark sounding... It sounds nothing like my Marshall 1960 that is also loaded with V30's... If you are looking for "The Orange Sound"... I think there might be something to the cabs... Really tames those "90's EVH Frequencies" that help cut through the mix... But also cause people with good high freq hearing (young girls!) to leave your gig early.

Does anyone have some good CWatt clips? I have a stock JTM that i'm thinking of using as a donor...but i may go for a high gain module and get a Wampler Plexi Drive for JTM-esque tones. I also might go for one of the orange modules, i sure wish there was a place to try all of these things out!

chrismilne said:
Does anyone have some good CWatt clips? I have a stock JTM that i'm thinking of using as a donor...but i may go for a high gain module and get a Wampler Plexi Drive for JTM-esque tones. I also might go for one of the orange modules, i sure wish there was a place to try all of these things out!
:)
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=CWatt+Salvation