Recto mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
Thought you guys might find this interesting... Orange and Red channel on an original 2 channel recto head have slightly different tone stacks, according to some schematics I'm looking at. Also found several places where they are doing some chicanery with switchable values on the cathodes... bottom line, I think I can come up with a way to go from red to orange, or at least a decent approximation of it.

I'm doing this at work, so reality vs looking at schematics may be two different things, but I may be doing the mod tonight. We'll see how it goes. :)

Pete

Juggernaut said:
good luck, Pete let me know how it turns out....

8)

Hopefully you'll be able to hear it soon... I plan on having sound clips of every mod I do.

Pete

Definately modern mode.....

...be interesting to see what Pete comes up with here :D

I should never have sold my Recto module...**** I'm an eedeeot :(

The main difference in the tone stacks is the treble cap - it's 500pf on red and 680pf on the orange, our modules use 470pf which is close enough to red. There also are some switches that change the resistance on some of the cathodes on some gain stages that I think I can dupe pretty much too.

I wish I still had my racktifiers or my reverse chassis dual head (SN was under #200).

Pete

This is way out of scope re:modding modules...but the mod I'd really like would be for switchable tube rectification of the power amp :D

JKD said:
This is way out of scope re:modding modules...but the mod I'd really like would be for switchable tube rectification of the power amp :D

Being there isn't currently a tube rectifier (So I assume it's SS), you're talking about adding one?

Sounds complex, but I think it'd be WAYYYYYY cool!

You can mimic rectifier sag in the power supply with a 100ohm or so resistor... I'm not quite ready to go diving into my RM100 proper yet though!

Pete