RM20 : one module, from clean to mean!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
I've asked a similar thing to this in the past, in regards to my old RM50.
But now im asking for an RM20.

One slot. One mod. From clean to mean (modern metal)!

Prefer british to american tones, but interested in what mods can really deliver sweet cleans to great crunch to modern mayhem, in one mod.

+1 on Stonerverb

Also, the JF XTC is super versatile and can do clean to mean. I'm sure the SG and SM XTC mods can do the same, but I don't have personal experience with those.

JF Vybe Deluxe can do clean to mean, but need pedals. Beautiful cleans, as you'd expect, but great mid and even crushing high gain/metal tones when hit with appropriate amounts of OD. If I could have only one, it'd be a Vybe, just cuz it can do everything so well and takes FX (verb, delay, etc) out front as well as if they were in a loop...

Spencer4hire said:
Cali-Lead
This.

Here's my crappy playthrough of it. Note the pickups are very high output so it can clean up a bit better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEZHS3smCTk

Thanks guys.

Second question: How well do these modules clean up with the guitar volume?

I was thinking the Camerock would best suite my needs, but maybe it doesn't clean up as well as I remember?

buriedorburned said:
Thanks guys.

Second question: How well do these modules clean up with the guitar volume?

I was thinking the Camerock would best suite my needs, but maybe it doesn't clean up as well as I remember?

Camerock is awesome...Great choice....And it cleans up nicely with guitar volume...Retains character....Very good module that should do what you want.....Although Stonerverb has a separate channel for clean, I get using the fiddle flexibly with a great mod....Camerock will do that....

If MotorCity Mods can help, please let us know.

Thanks Matt, I'll keep y'all in mind.

The Rossness said:

The Terrier is still on my list, but I literally hated the JF Ultra-Lead, and having owned a Sig X and Deliverance, it was really disappointing.
Like many, my reason for not keeping either was the stiffness, and lack of saturation. But the tone and note definition of those amps, always has me wanting to go back.

Is the Terrier THAT stiff, or does the second saturation knob (like on a Deliverance) help?

I do have to add here, since I've now had a week or so to play through it, that this Mash-oldano is fing awesome! I use it in its most mild 'mode' (jcm800, Marshall voicing, with none of the gain switches on) with gain around 10 o'clock. It has a great Marshall 'clean', and boosts awesome via pedals or on the mod. Definitely worth considering as well - especially since it can get really brutal in that soldano voice with a gain switch or two activated.

I decided to add this here because, like you, I can't stand dry, stiff amps. I'm just not nearly good enough of a player to have something that unforgiving, lol. The mash-oldano saturates & compresses wonderfully. Has some sag in there too. Great mod! Plus, mine has a recto voice switch too. Just impressive the ground it can cover...

Just got a Salvation Salvado from MotorCity Mods to replace the original I bought in 2010 and sold a couple years back. This module does it all... great customer service from Mattfig too!