Pics of my Recto modded module (say that 3x fast)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
rectomodule.jpg

rectoclose.jpg

It needs the black or chrome mesa knobs to finalize it, but I dig it!

Pete

As a prospective 1st customer of one of your mods...all I gotta say is:

Beautiful work Pete!

I haven't been this excited about the MTS in a looong time..man this thing kills :D

MetalMajik said:
Red or orange, which is the stock setting?

Red. I looked up a schematic for the rectifiers, and the orange has a slightly different tone stack. Makes a huge difference though, now that I've tweaked it. It's fatter and warmer. I prefer orange for leads, red for rhythms.

Pete

Sorry JKD, I beat you to it. Sent in my SL+ on Tuesday. :)

I'll probably be sending my Recto as soon as the SL+ deal is wrapped up.

Thomas

axecellent said:
Sorry JKD, I beat you to it. Sent in my SL+ on Tuesday. :)

I'll probably be sending my Recto as soon as the SL+ deal is wrapped up.

Thomas

In theory my SL+ is already there waiting! :shock: :twisted: :lol:

Haven't seen either of your modules yet - but I do have something at the post office I need to sign for. Can't remember the name on it, I gave the paper to my wife, because she can leave her office easier than I can and will get it for me tomorrow. Barring any major parts issues, I should be able to get your modules sent back out within a week.

That looks SERIOUSLY wicked man. Nice work.

I'd tread with caution with that rectifier logo though. It's great, but I bet it's trademarked and could get you in trouble. :shock:

NuSkoolTone said:
That looks SERIOUSLY wicked man. Nice work.

I'd tread with caution with that rectifier logo though. It's great, but I bet it's trademarked and could get you in trouble. :shock:

I know. This one is 'personal use' LOL, not going to sell it... I need to figure out a way to change it slightly so someone couldn't be duped into thinking that this is a mesa product.
Pete

I'll probably go with something like this if anyone wants a faceplate or a recto mod...

RECTOSAMPLE.jpg

Pete

Man that looks great! I always wondered why Egnater's E-Rect module wasnt either 1 channel Vintage and 1 channel Modern or had a switch like yours. Really strange.

Do you have any clips to compare the vintage and modern settings?

Hey man your stuff looks VERY pro what are the chances of you doing like a custom Mod based on a Soldano with a purple or snakeskin plate graphic a purple or blue power Led ..

Juggernaut said:
you should put a second LED in it for each setting, orange & red....

would be awesome!

I want one with the Mesa style logo.....looks AWESOME!!!!

:D

I actually did add the LED last night, just haven't had pictures yet. It's a bit of a pain in the *** though at this point. And I didn't have an orange LED, so I used a yellow one. ;)

EWSEthan said:
Man that looks great! I always wondered why Egnater's E-Rect module wasnt either 1 channel Vintage and 1 channel Modern or had a switch like yours. Really strange.

Do you have any clips to compare the vintage and modern settings?

I'm going to try to do some this weekend. I found some old clips I recorded with my dual ractifier and that helped me dial in the module a bit.

Pete

gtr31 said:
Hey man your stuff looks VERY pro what are the chances of you doing like a custom Mod based on a Soldano with a purple or snakeskin plate graphic a purple or blue power Led ..

What I'm doing right now are slight tone mods to existing modules. Plates are pretty much one color, unless I do some sort of sticker, which would work but wouldn't be as nice imho.

Closest to a soldano module I have in my hands right now is probably the SL+ with the JCM800 mod. Not quite gainy enough but it can be dialled in for that type of cutting tone, in my opinion.

Pete

okstrat said:
gtr31 said:

What I'm doing right now are slight tone mods to existing modules. Plates are pretty much one color, unless I do some sort of sticker, which would work but wouldn't be as nice imho.

Closest to a soldano module I have in my hands right now is probably the SL+ with the JCM800 mod. Not quite gainy enough but it can be dialled in for that type of cutting tone, in my opinion.

Pete

Modded SL+ and a good quality boost :)

Juggernaut said:
okstrat said:
gtr31 said:

Pete

Modded SL+ and a good quality boost :)

Yeah, the SL+ with the tone stack mod just moves it up into the higher soldano range freqency-wise. If I was going to try to mod one for Soldano tones, I'd probably start with an SL+ since a soldano is basically a hotrodded marshall to begin with.

Pete