Modules you would like to see made.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khingpynn

Reaction score
This has allready started elsewhere and likely been discussed before but I thought it would be cool to have a thread dedicated to module ideas.
Who knows maybe it will have some influence.

One module I would like to see developed would be based on the old Laney 100 watt master volumn heads. The Tony Iommi signature head would be very close to the same idea and thats what I'd be after old school Iommi tone aka early Sabbath.

Khing

How about a truly/fully solid state high gain Dime module? I realize this violates the all tube approach, but hey, it would still be cool. Think of it, a Warhead type pre with tube power.

You know you want one. :twisted:

Thomas

Okay, I'll go in a completely different direction. One of my favorites is Stone Temple Pilots. DeLeo uses an old Supro (like Page) so that would get my money. Also the Ampeg Rocket is a great amp and a very distinct tone and then finally a module based on the Orange amp would be way cool too.

How about a Cornford MK50 H . Guthrie Govan kills on that thing. Or the Harlequin ( Frank Gambale)

sound clips here : www.cornfordamps.com

H

why not right... a SS Dime preamp would definetly be cool... and oh yeah a Cornford based preamp... any Cornford!

khing

Yea, the ole C-200 or RG100HT would make AWESOME modules....

How about:

Engl
Bogner Uber
Soldano Slo100
Diezel Herbert
VHT Pitbull
Cameron CCV-100
Mesa Mark series (IIC+, III, IV)

or even more signature modules, Scott Ian? Mudvayne (Greg Tribbett), Sevendust, Metallica, Fear Factory.....(from the Artist list). :D

No I'm not asking for much ;)

Speaking of the Jazz chorus, according to the Randall guy at the shop I go to, the clean K Hammet module is supposed to be based on the Roland.

Let the rumors flyyyyy

Thomas

An SDUMRHG* module would be cool. I'm talking so much gain I don't even need a cable or a power amp. Oh, and it should also make me play like SRV and ZW. At the same time.

Oh, and an Engl Fireball.

Thomas

* (super-duper-ultra-mega-rediculously high gain)

How about a truly/fully solid state high gain Dime module? I realize this violates the all tube approach, but hey, it would still be cool. Think of it, a Warhead type pre with tube power.

You know you want one. Twisted Evil

Hell yeah I want one! That's a tone I've just not been able to get out of tubes...bring it on!

Maybe we could get Randall to change the 'T' in MTS from 'tube' to 'tone'. Modular Tone System. See, it works!

They could do two SS modules : 'T2' - ss crunch and a 'War' - ss lead. Man that would just KILL! Wonder if Mr. Egnater could/would do that as a dual channel module?

Thomas

axecellent said:
Speaking of the Jazz chorus, according to the Randall guy at the shop I go to, the clean K Hammet module is supposed to be based on the Roland.

Let the rumors flyyyyy

Thomas

That would make since. They have always used JC120 for their clean tones.

Cornford, Cornford, Cornford!!! MK50 Head or any of them.
Mesa Boogie Lonestar
Custom Audio head ala. Lukather and Landau
Dumble

Speaking of D*%ble,hows this grab ya!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dumble-100W-Overdrive-Special-Combo-w-Skyline-EQ_W0QQitemZ300116384206QQihZ020QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

jmgman70 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dumble-100W-Overdrive-Special-Combo-w-Skyline-EQ_W0QQitemZ300116384206QQihZ020QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Man, that is just ridiculous! Beyond overpriced :evil: I know, it's like paying for the name.
Randall needs a Dumble module! Bruce could do it, we can buy 12 RM100s for a price of a Dumble

tung said:
jmgman70 said:

Man, that is just ridiculous! Beyond overpriced :evil: I know, it's like paying for the name.
Randall needs a Dumble module! Bruce could do it, we can buy 12 RM100s for a price of a Dumble
The COD is supposed to be a two rock,d%$ble kind of take,but what ever it is ,it's sweet!

i'd like to see a krank module or a framus, 5150 block letter or madison divinity mod even. the 5150 block letter could probably done by crossing the ultra and the brown somehow. i could hear a 5150 in my ultra mod , it was just missing a mid voicing or something. i thought it was pretty close though