VH brown module pic

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
Was a pain and I still need to work on it a bit, but behold:

brown.jpg

Disciple said:
Looks sweet -

Did you get my PM on my questions Pete?

Yeah, I just zoned it somehow. Sorry man, you're replied to now.

Pete

looks killer,Pete...will that be an available custom faceplate that other forum members can purchase from you???

Looks great ,Man is it all painted or is the black taped??

Cant wait to see/hear your Bog XTC

Thanks guys. I actually did the art in adobe illustrator, then printed it out on a high resolution photo printer onto the thickest photo paper I could find. Then shot it with a coat of lacquer, then glued it to my stock metal faceplate, cut the holes, then shot it again so it had some shine/depth to it and would also be protected from handling.

Was a pain in the rear, but it looks ok. I much prefer doing things with the other faceplate materials, it's just that you can't get them in that many colors very easily.

Pete

Did you do any tonal modifications? If so, how does it sound now as compared to stock?

camitchell said:
Did you do any tonal modifications? If so, how does it sound now as compared to stock?

Yep, there are sound clips on my links in my sig... here's a link though:

http://members.cox.net/vhpete/MTS/MTSmods.htm

vindaloo said:
that's the best-looking one yet! nicely done. quick question--did you get my email last week?

I got slammed pretty good and was sick part of last week, please resend. Sorry about that!

Pete

okstrat said:
camitchell said:

**** that sounds pretty good! The Brown has been one I've always been on the fence with selling because it's so dark. Would you divulge the mods you did for that one?

BTW, faceplate looks killer too. Of course, there could be licensing/trademark issues to sell it, but at the very least doesn't stop YOU from having THE COOLEST looking MTS setup on the planet! Nice work.

NuSkoolTone said:
okstrat said:
camitchell said:

**** that sounds pretty good! The Brown has been one I've always been on the fence with selling because it's so dark. Would you divulge the mods you did for that one?

BTW, faceplate looks killer too. Of course, there could be licensing/trademark issues to sell it, but at the very least doesn't stop YOU from having THE COOLEST looking MTS setup on the planet! Nice work.

It was enough of a pain in the butt that I probably won't be doing any more of the brown faceplates with that 'red and white and black graphic' ... since it's a marshall basically, I'll likely just do SL+ plexi faceplates with 'brown' where SL+ is now. I don't really need Someone Who Will Not Be Named's attorneys threatening to tort me into oblivion.

Not real sure I want to divulge what I did on the brown either, as it's something that I haven't seen mentioned at all on the board and is an 'original' so to speak. I still had to run the bass way down on the module itself when I recorded the clips though... it is a dark module. I'll still post stuff here and on my slowly growing MTS webpage, but some stuff I'm going to keep too.

Pete