modern module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximus1

Reaction score
i never hear anything on this module. i just got one with a tighter bass cap and it totally rules. i think i like much better than my 1086. it also has nice usable mids as i find that some modules mids aren't so good sounding. it has a very tight ,chunky sound that is clear and down right mean . if your into heavy metal i'd check one out. btw , without the tighter bass cap it sounds like a slightly better recto, but with the mod its totally different, but a modded recto doesn't sound like a modded modern, if that makes any sense. just my take on it :D

Pete,

You haven't played one of these yet? I actually like this module, different tone that no other module out yet can reproduce in my opinion - in the same ballpark as the brown, either people love it or can't find enough uses to want to keep it.

If you're interested in checking it out - I'd send you mine to test out for a little in exchange for a discount on the SL+ mod I'm wanting to get from you :)

Disciple said:
Pete,

You haven't played one of these yet? I actually like this module, different tone that no other module out yet can reproduce in my opinion - in the same ballpark as the brown, either people love it or can't find enough uses to want to keep it.

If you're interested in checking it out - I'd send you mine to test out for a little in exchange for a discount on the SL+ mod I'm wanting to get from you :)

Might be doable, let me know. :)

Pete

its very similar to an ultra but its not as messy , sloppy or buzzy, or noisy. it flat out crushes with the 0.0022 bass cap. i like it much better than my 1086. i put an eh in v1 and a jj 83s in v2, total heaviness!. so far the only module i don't mind using some mids with. i'm very impressed with it so far. i think alot of people overlook this module when looking for a good heavy metal sound, its nice and deep and punchy with the cap mod , but without it is similar to a recto just alittle gainier and less harsh sounding in the highs

I'm aching to try a Modern module.....I have a lot of sounds dialed in with the Ultra and the Recto but all these things about the Modern module make me salivate. :p

Funny, there was a time when you couldn't GIVE these away!

Now they're discontinued, "rare" and destined to be the next "Holy grail"! :lol:

NuSkoolTone said:

Now they're discontinued, "rare" and destined to be the next "Holy grail"! :lol:

Is this module discontinued?
I just ordered one new today from dcmusicstore.com for $129.95. They said it would be drop shipped directly from Randall. Just some curiosity from a lurker...take care guys.

scottdh said:
NuSkoolTone said:

I just ordered one new today from dcmusicstore.com for $129.95. They said it would be drop shipped directly from Randall. Just some curiosity from a lurker...take care guys.

Very cool, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on anything to be shipped from Randall. I ordered a box for my modules over 3 weeks ago, haven't seen it yet.

Pete

okstrat said:
scottdh said:
NuSkoolTone said:

Very cool, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on anything to be shipped from Randall. I ordered a box for my modules over 3 weeks ago, haven't seen it yet.

Pete

Hmm...Thanks Pete. We'll see - they sent me an email today from UPS saying it has shipped and is scheduled to arrive on 7/11. I'll report back when it comes in.

okstrat said:
scottdh said:
NuSkoolTone said:

Pete

That sucks....must be out of stock, mine took 10 days to arrive though.

Steve

scottdh said:
okstrat said:
scottdh said:
NuSkoolTone said:

Pete

Hmm...Thanks Pete. We'll see - they sent me an email today from UPS saying it has shipped and is scheduled to arrive on 7/11. I'll report back when it comes in.

Cool beans!

Pete

Pete[/quote]

I will take a look at what's happening when I get pack to the farm tomorrow. PM me your last name please

We do have plenty of the Modern modules. I think you either love this module or hate it. I checked it out and it wasn't for me, but one of our other guys here loves it and gets some killer tone.

Well, it arrived, but it's damaged. I called the store and the person I need to speak with won't be in until tomorrow.

It's a little strange - the two screw-pins that hold the module to the amp's faceplate were both badly bent (one was broken), and the little bright switch seems like it may be smashed as well (won't move). Haven't taken it home to test it yet. Nothing else seems damaged, but the unit was just packed in a box with packing peanuts - not wrapped in anything, and no Randall packaging, as though they may have sent me a floor model or a return. Will report back once I find out what the deal is, and whether the unit works.

RD/Rich said:
scottdh-Please check your PM's

Thanks Rich.

To update, the module seems to work fine. I used the screw pins from my treadplate module to fit it into my RM20, and the bright switch seems to have just been stuck - it moves ok now. I may ask the store to replace the pins when I talk to them Monday. I haven't been able to find any other damage. It looks like the unit did not ship from Randall like the store told me it would - the ship-from address on the box is DC Music in Liverpool, OH.

dcmusic is a storefront for Randall/US Music
I'm sorry, but this is not true. DC Music is a independant music store.

What I think probably happened was that DC Music was informed that the Modern module will be discontinued. They may have had a few in stock so they decided to blow them out. They sold them all and didn't update their website. They were under the impression that the MODA was discontuinued, so they didn't think they would be able to order any more.

If you still want a Modern module, please shoot me a PM and I will see if I can arrange for you to purchase one, wither through DC Music or another dealer. I'm sorry that you have had problems getting our product. Please let me know when this happens (like you have in your post) and I will do everything I can to help.

Latest posts