JF RVerb with sweepable mids

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
I acquired a JF Rverb with a mid sweep. I am kind of stuck in how to use it. Anyone have any helpful tips on how to best this?

I don’t have that module Ricky but the sweep control probably changes the frequency that the mid control adjusts.

Hi Chris,
I guess I did but I am not a big fan of it. My old RVerb single channel was actually a lot cooler and simpler. It had a sound that was easy to get to. Having a dual is nice as I can get two sounds but at the same time if I dial in one side of it with the mid sweep, there is a chance that I may not want that for the other side. I like a little edgier sound for solos but if I dial that in, my rhythm side is too edgy.
rick

Hi Chris,
I guess I did but I am not a big fan of it. My old RVerb single channel was actually a lot cooler and simpler. It had a sound that was easy to get to. Having a dual is nice as I can get two sounds but at the same time if I dial in one side of it with the mid sweep, there is a chance that I may not want that for the other side. I like a little edgier sound for solos but if I dial that in, my rhythm side is too edgy.
rick

That's part of my argument against "dual" modules. Not only do the never sound as good as the same circuit build identically on a single, they are not truly "dual channel" at all. There are minor ways to tweak them to be different tone-wise. There is not a ton that can be done when you share the gain stages and tone stack.

Personally I'd rather use my volume and tone controls on the guitar or two separate modules to accomplish the desired goal. Of course to each his/her own.