Salvation Angel E or wait for Synergy Engl Savage?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bartofdarkness

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the MTS scene, just picked up a randall RM 100 so I thought I'd join forum and get some knowledge from you guys.

I've gotta get some high gain modules, because while the amp came fully loaded, it's only setup for cleans. I had been looking at getting the Synergy SLO and VH4 modules, but I've always loved that ENGL tone and the demos of the Salvation Audio Angel E just seems to knock it out of the park. With that being said there's an official ENGL module right around the corner so maybe I should just bide my time with the SLO and VH4 until it's released...

Post your thoughts, if anyone can compare the Angel E to a real ENGL I'd appreciate it as that's probably the best comparison I can get until they come out with the savage.

I don't think the modules will really copy the Savage 120 tone.
a. It has four channels and several voicing swtiches
b. the tone Savage 120 is related to its poweramp section, even the other Engls incl. the Savage SE sound the same.

Thanks for the reply! I'm thinking I'm just gonna try the Salvation audio Angel E module. The demos are very impressive, and I can save a bit of cash by sending them my plexi module. To be honest, I'm less familiar with the savage compared to other ENGL's, the only reason I'm considering that module is because ENGL's designing it themselves, but the demos of the Angel E seem to really nail the classic ENGL sound, sorta like a powerball. Also the four band EQ is a big plus for me

If I end up not liking it for some reason I can always sell it off, the Salvation modules seem to retain their value pretty well when they pop up secondhand