volume on amp needs to be high

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
I'm learning that these amps are not really suitable for low level playing at all. The true character of the mods don't come out until you get some air moving, past 9 o clock on the main and volume at full on the mods.

I don't play out at all anymore and rarely have time to be in a band so home is where I play. I've been fooling myself into thinking this is working but it ain't The mods sound good at low levels but not unique to one another. It;s when you turn up that you get the real sound.

Does an RM20 or 22 offer lower levels yet full sound or does it really just have to do with volume. Higher volume sounds great no matter what amp you have..........

been thinking about a smaller amp but hate to leave MTS sitting.

On an RM20/22, the module volume is the amp volume. There is not a master volume.

I had jaded faith add amp master volumes to my 20 and 22 that made them more useful.

That or an attentuater of some sort.

oddly enough I just found an RM22 with 2 mods for a pretty good deal. I'll try this. I have an attenuator on my RT2/50 and it helps sometimes although it really brings down the oomph.

I guess I'll be selling my RM50