Favorite recto

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There aren’t many compared to a Marshall flavor.

I have a JF erect and it was close enough for me to sale my Mesa boogie rectoverb amp. It has the red/orange channel. I also had him make me a series 2 blackout, but I liked the erect better, so the blackout didn’t last.

Never tried an Egnater, but owned a few of the stock Randall’s. Lynch’s Grail was the best stocker. The Jf erect was much better than any stocker, but the grail much better than a stock recto type Randall.

I have a Sm Dreadplate coming soon so I will finally find out what it sounds like.

Don’t forget the framus types. Both modders have good versions.

Grail for cheap/simple, or Salvation MarkUS.

I have a JF Dual Erect that kicks *** but pricier, obviously

Missed the part of the op that asked about Mesas in general.

MarkUS is great and sounded Mark II ish to me. Had one but ended up getting a JF mark x that sounded more like my Mark iv. The mark x actually replaced the real Mark IV I owned. The JF MKC is more of the mark II sound to me (had it too, but the mark x won).

As far as Mark series goes, it just depends on what you think a Mark should sound like.

I think the stock Randall Modern was suppose to be a Mark sound and it did sound sort of that way when I owned one. The mods are the way to go in the Mark realm.

Randall Grail was my fav recto. Salvation Mark US is still one of my fav mods ever!

I also like the Randall Grail but had a tight switch added which cleared the sound up. Looks nice, too.

Ulf said:
I also like the Randall Grail but had a tight switch added which cleared the sound up. Looks nice, too.

For what it's worth, I permanently modded the input of my RM50 with a smaller cap..it made everything sound clearer :D

I actually increased c3 (?) on my Stock Grail..since in combination with yeti head, was too tight.

I'll get around to building a switch on that RM50 some day, so I can select different values.

I am waiting for a Dave Friedmann modded Treadplate(a sticker says recto now), that he did for Linkin Park.
I´m super excited!!!