Camerock vs Camerica

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aside

Reaction score
Anyone care to weigh in on these two?

I have a Camerock and love it. Wondering if the Camerica differs much tonally, and is worth pursuing.

Rock.

aside said:
Anyone care to weigh in on these two?

I have a Camerock and love it. Wondering if the Camerica differs much tonally, and is worth pursuing.

Rock.

Being on the flip side of this ( have a camerica and never played a camerock) I can tell you that I think it's awesome. Best Marshall sounds, especially higher gain, of any mod I've got so far.

They have essentially the same circuit/tone but Camerock is more tweekable, and can do anything camerica does and a bit more. Camerica however is easier to use.

This makes sense, I was hoping they were a little different so I had an excuse to get one.

Thanks guys.

mfgobbi said:
They have essentially the same circuit/tone but Camerock is more tweekable, and can do anything camerica does and a bit more. Camerica however is easier to use.

I really like the Atomica in the Axe II and would be interested in trying out the Camerica but you don't see them come available in the used market very often

But is the CCV and Atomica the same amp? If they aren't then I imagine there's some tonal difference. Is the CCV just an Atomica+? I'm curious now.

They're not the same amp. The CCV is much more modern, while the Atomica is essentially a modified Jose circuit.

The modules, however, seem to be quite similar tonally.

Rising Farce said:
They're not the same amp. The CCV is much more modern, while the Atomica is essentially a modified Jose circuit.

The modules, however, seem to be quite similar tonally.

Thanks. That's a surprise though, as Antonin doesn't seem to be one to repeat himself. With all the toggle switches on the camerock I would figure it would have the modern voice in there somewhere that you're talking about though.

Had a Camerica and did not like it. It did not play well with other modules. Had to have the volume pot dimed on it and it would still not be any where as loud as other modules in the amp.Matt said it was working properly.

I had the same experience with the camerica and that is the same reason I had to let it go.

I think somebody somewhere said it had to do with the diode clipping the camerica uses. I got tired of trying to make it play nice considering there are so many other modules out there.

warmachine67 said:
I had the same experience with the camerica and that is the same reason I had to let it go.

I think somebody somewhere said it had to do with the diode clipping the camerica uses. I got tired of trying to make it play nice considering there are so many other modules out there.

Glad it wasn't just user error on my part and someone else had the same experience with the module.