Salvation - recent user experiences?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aside

Reaction score
Hi all,

Heard a couple of reports about Salvation being a bit off the grid lately for MTS work, some waiting months with no returned emails etc.

Anyone having any luck, what's the deal?

Thanks.

Can’t get ahold of them too what about that motor city tone. One us Distributor

I, too, was wondering about Motor City Mods. Have any of you guys ordered successfully from them? It looks like you don't need a donor module?

Forum member mattfig runs motorcitymods. He isn’t on here much anymore since the board isn’t that active.

Anyways, my last order with them was about two years ago. Motorcitymods is the American distributor of sorts for salvation. They basically handle all the dealing with customs and international shipping and communicating with salvation. Any updates come from motorcity.

Salvation has (or at least did when I ordered) donors on hand so I just ordered finished modules from motorcitymods. Salvation shipped them to motorcity and they turn around and send them to me.

If you have donors, you can ship them directly to salvation and save money that way. I never have as I’m not versed in international addresses and custom duties, etc.

I will add, there is a turn around time that is unavoidable whether ordering from motorcity or dealing with salvation directly or any modder for that matter. There is no inventory on hand and the work is started in the order the money is received. All work is custom done by hand.

The two remaining modders are just a one man shop that do mods in addition to other work. The turn around can be a month to two months depending on what is in line in front of the order.

I grew impatient with my order, but I have been spoiled with same day shipping, etc that the big box music stores all do. Mods are completely different.

Appreciate the response! I was curious because I have never ordered from them or Salvation. I did recently send a module to Rob at Jaded Faith. He was amazing and only took a week to complete my Mach X. He is absolutely top-notch!

Most of the mods I have, regardless of modder, I got off the classifieds here or an auction site or the fb page.

It’s more of a fishing trip, but I guess the thrill is in the hunt sometimes. Some mods I was glad I didn’t pay full price, while there were a few I would pay full price a second time without thinking twice.

Rob is top notch. He has done a lot of work for me on my Randall rm amps. The outcome was consistently stellar.

I haven't purchased Salvation in a few years but I understand he is quite busy with other production work but is still very much dedicated to MTS. Some missed responses have happened but he always gets back if you pester a bit. It's a totally custom piece made overseas bu one guy. It's understood that it takes up to a few months to get your biscuit.

All of my Salvation mods are the tits. Seriously good.

I have been waiting for my order for a year. Antonin is not responding to messages. If at all I get my modules, can I rejoice? I do not know...

A year is kind of unacceptable. I have these two emails. He also has facebook that he responds to.

https://www.facebook.com/salvationaudio/
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001335759539

I'm sure you've tried all this, though

[email protected]
[email protected]

That sucks, sorry

Hey guys. I have to react. It is true that some mods are waiting on my workshop very long. I am very sorry for it, it happens only with the really special custom requests, ie. customer wants something that is not completely developed yet, so it needs a lot more time and effort.
Meanwhile I am working on developing of pedals and other stuff for other companies(KHDK,SMG, Motley Crue, Coffee Custom Cabs,...) , so I am very busy.

I do my best to fullfill also these special custom module needs. Sorry again to guys who wait so long.

If you choose some mod that is offered on http://salvationaudio.com/index.php?page=modifications , wait time is 4-5 weeks, no longer.

Thanks for your support and love, for 2020 I have prepared some new preamp modules.

All the best

Antonin
Salvation Audio
[email protected]

I tried to place an order on the Salvation website. The link basically just opened a new email to send to the Salvation email address. I typed what I wanted to order (MDA board and RM50 Boost footswitch) into the email and requested that he send me info on billing/payment, but never received a reply. That was two weeks ago. Am I misunderstanding something with regards to how to place an order with him or is it just normal for him to take a few weeks to respond due to high order volume?

You place your order via email and send your module. He doesn't charge you until he sends it back. He's busy so comm may be slow. I'm sure he'll respond f you bug him a bit for order acknowledgment

If you are in the United States, you can reach out to mattfig at motorcitymods.

I have no other explanation than that.

I sent antonin $2500 worth of modules about 6 months ago. I’m getting really anxious. I don’t know what to do other than annoy the heck out of him with emails. Anyone have any advice?