MASH-ALL/BANNED v MK22?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stalksdalls

Reaction score
Hi!

I would like to hear your opinions on how the Salvation Mods MASH-ALL/BANNED module compares with the Sacred Groove MK22.

I have an MK22. I think it may be an early one; it has a chrome face plate, and the 2203/2204 toggle switch is on the right side between the Treble and Master Volume knobs instead of on the left. It sounds great, but since I've never actually played through a real Marshall amp I'm not equipped to judge how authentic the sound is.

I have been intrigued by the BANNED (MASH-ALL) module. The sound samples on the Salvation Mods website are great. However, I'm just a closet duffer, and I probably don't need the real high gain channels. Page, Clapton, Beck, AC/DC, Buckethead are my favorites, so I suspect I might not use the third and fourth channels of the BANNED very much.

Do you think the BANNED module has much to offer someone like me, or should I just enjoy my MK22?

Also, I emailed Antonin Salva a few days ago and have not received a reply. Does anyone know if that is typical? Is he still supplying modules?

Thanks,
Jim

Hi,

I got a couple of modules from Antonin recently - both fantastic - but communication isn’t his strong suit.

Also, it’s worth checking that the features you want are what you get because he updates the modules but not his website.

So, I got a Loneclean without the Texas/Tweed toggle switch and I was a bit miffed, but I did get a whole 2nd channel which is a serious upgrade.

He does get back to you, but you might need a second enquiry to show that you’re serious!

Best of luck.