what single channel modules offer tones not covered by stock Synergy?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Over the past month, I've noticed a significant surge in Jaded Faith, Salvation & rarer modded modules for sale online - almost all single channel, generally hovering around $350-ish pricing. Maybe that's due to pandemic firesale from lack of live shows, who knows. It's been years since I saw this many good modded modules out there.

Synergy now offers 20 dual channel modules, $399 list price new, typically going used for the same or less than most of the modded single channels. Used modded dual channels remain rare online, and typical run over $400.

Currently, JF website lists 26 available mods, Salvation lists 36 mods. There's maybe a dozen out-of-production JF/Salvation mods, and probably another 20 or so "standard" mods from proven builders that have since exited the MTS market (GigMods, Voodoo Amps, Friedman Rack Systems, etc). Add to that, all the original stock modules from Egnater & Randall- probably 30-ish total, including signature modules.

So- question for the collective wisdom of the MTS gurus: of the "reputable" mods & Randall/Egnater stock modules, which offer something substantially different (tone-wise, not cosmetic) from what is covered by current production Synergy modules? Could break that down into 3 categories:

1) stock single channel Randall/Egnater modules

2) Currently available JF/Salvation mods

3) out of production mods by JF/Salvation, GigMods, Voodoo Amps, Rack Systems, etc.

1)
I never liked the stock modules....well maybe one of the Randall boutique mods that was stock and for the life of me, I can't remember what it was called.
2) I have not looked at their currently available mods but I am pretty sure you could get Rob or Anthony to do any of the old ones.
3)JF had some really nice Marshall mods. He also did a few custom mods for me that were stellar! He did a Twin that is indistinguisable from my real twin. What he seemed to get is that twins do not break up but sound really warm and he pulled it off. Also he did a great 50s Gibson GA50 for me. I am not sure what is out there right now from Synergy. I have a couple of their mods which I like (the Vai mod and the Dirty Shirley) but it is my experience that the single mods sound better. I don't know why and I don't want it to be that way, but I had several Egnater dual mods both modified and not and something felt off compared to the singles.
Rob has a really nice clean mod that is like the Roland Jazz Chorus. He did a one off Carvin Legacy clean channel that is really nice as it is clean and gets warm and gritty if you want. Anthony's Buddy mod is superb and different. Rob also has some cool old Fender mods. I think I still have 20-25 mods left and don't really want to part with any of them as they are so cool sounding.

I have the JF Super Clean single channel module, it's fantastic- is that the clean one you meant?

9985 said:
So- question for the collective wisdom of the MTS gurus: of the "reputable" mods & Randall/Egnater stock modules, which offer something substantially different (tone-wise, not cosmetic) from what is covered by current production Synergy modules? Could break that down into 3 categories:

1) stock single channel Randall/Egnater modules

2) Currently available JF/Salvation mods

3) out of production mods by JF/Salvation, GigMods, Voodoo Amps, Rack Systems, etc.

1) Stock Randall modules are pretty well covered by new Synergy offerings, I still have a stock Clean, 1086, Mr Scary, and Grail, which are most likely never coming to Synergy.

2) JF/Salvation still do a bunch of stuff not covered by Synergy licensing. I've got a Salvation MarkUs and Jaded Faith RVerb that aren't available in Synergy format.

3) Only discontinued mod I have is a Jaded Faith Twox, was never impressed with Vox based mods I tried, but love the Twox!