what is the difference????

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thehellz

Reaction score
hello fellas
my question is what is the difference between
1-ULTRA
2-ULTRA XL
3-ULTRA LEAD

and can someone make a list of the less gain module to most high gain module possible to have
i leave in quebec canada and believe me finding module is hard so i cannot hear them or try them myself so you are my only source of information for mts module on this forum and i would like thank you all
thehellz

the reg ultra is very scooped and has super gain, way more than you'd ever need. the ultra xl has the same gain but more mids in it so it cuts through alot better( sounds very much like a 5150 ). and the ultra lead is a fatter sounding version of the ultra xl? that may not be good for rythym although i have never played an ultra lead so i can't say for sure about the gain on it i'd guess its the same as the others. i have an ultra and a ultra xl and like them both alot, the xl wins over the reg for me, i like its mid voicing alot better. hope that helps

I have all 3 of these modules but don't really use them compared to my XTC, Mr. Scary, and modded SL+. They just don't sound as good to me as the later 3 I listed, but then again I'm a fan of the 80's hard rock tones 8)
The Ultra Lead is my least favorite of the Ultra modules. Just doesn't seem to have enough gain.

I have an Ultra modified quite a bit for more mids less bass and more clarity and it rips! Its close to getting as much love as my modified XTC!

The Ultra Lead has nothing to do with the Ultra or Ultra XL.

It is very mid heavy and smooth, and was intended for solo work. To me, it sounds like Santana playing through a Boogie.

maximus : the reg ultra is very scooped and has super gain, way more than you'd ever need

Bite your tongue! There is no such thing as 'way more gain than you'll ever need'. :wink:

Thomas

ya i know , i can never have too much gain but for most the ultra has more than most :twisted:

Latest posts