Only an idiot wouldn't like the SL2!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Czajkowski

Reaction score
low-crawling under the wire at Fort Mastercard
...so why did I get rid of mine? Guess I answered my own question. :oops:

Actually, since I have an SL, I thought that I could boost it to get me close to the SL2 qualities, but close hasn't been close enough. So, to make a long story short, I ordered another SL2 and I can't wait to pop it in!

hey,so have you ever had an opportunity to compare a stock Randall SL+ to the Eggie SL2? which has more gain? how do the tonal qualities compare? btw,this is an open question to anyone who has owned both modules......thanks!

goldwing68nv said:
hey,so have you ever had an opportunity to compare a stock Randall SL+ to the Eggie SL2? which has more gain? how do the tonal qualities compare? btw,this is an open question to anyone who has owned both modules......thanks!

If I may....

The have similar gain amounts but are voiced differently. I own both and tend to prefer the Eggie but the Randall version is nice as well. My Randall has the cap mod and midrange mod so it is somewhat different than the stock version. The Eggie has a different mid voicing than the Randall.

I can't figure out why I haven't ordered one yet. It's got to be awesome. I have the SL too John. It just doesn't quite go there does it? Not that it's bad in fact it's my go to "slot 1" in the MOD 50. Could'nt live without it.

muudrock(and John C.),thanks for the input.my SL+ is basically stock,no midrange mod,but it does have a .001uF cap from the factory.it's definately got more of a low-mids,slightly scooped tone to it...if i may ask,how would you describe the mids-voicing of the SL2 module???

I did the same thing John. I thought I could cover the SL+ tones with a boosted SL or the EG 3/4. Now I realize I can't.

Joe

jdzialak said:
I did the same thing John. I thought I could cover the SL+ tones with a boosted SL or the EG 3/4. Now I realize I can't.

Joe

Yeah, it's just a totally different animal. I missed the super sensitivity and aggressiveness of it when doing some pre-production stuff for some new HWM material that needed a little more BALLS!