We need a Mesa Mark series module......Is it coming???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To-student

Reaction score
IIC+, a III or IV on the red channel.

Would love to have this module.

Anyone else?

Unless one of the new KH modules cover this?

Can you elaborate on which Mark series amp?
Also what tones KH3 is modeled? AJFA or Black Album

KH3 is pretty Black album-ish. I haven't had the chance to sit with the thing and really tweak to see if "other" Mesa tones are in there.

Keep in mind artist modules aren't made to be specific amp simulations...but more so a palette of tone the artist was looking for to fill their needs. We can certainly be quick to classify the module and say it sounds like this or that, but the beauty of this whole MTS line is the tone is in the eye of the player. I have heard a 1086 sound wonderful heavy AND clean.

That's good enough for me...... but i will have to hear these KH mods for myself ..... this could work out great as i have 3 empty slot's on my RM4 ......

with so many modules...keep an open mind when you try them out. what works for some, may not work for others.

the player makes the difference...not to mention different guitars, pickups, string gauge, tubes used, speakers used, effect processors...all of which contribute to the sound you'll hear.

which again...is the beauty behind the MTS line. :)

RD/Steve said:
with so many modules...keep an open mind when you try them out. what works for some, may not work for others.

the player makes the difference...not to mention different guitars, pickups, string gauge, tubes used, speakers used, effect processors...all of which contribute to the sound you'll hear.

which again...is the beauty behind the MTS line. :)

I totally agree.

RD/Steve said:
KH3 is pretty Black album-ish. I haven't had the chance to sit with the thing and really tweak to see if "other" Mesa tones are in there.

Keep in mind artist modules aren't made to be specific amp simulations...but more so a palette of tone the artist was looking for to fill their needs. We can certainly be quick to classify the module and say it sounds like this or that, but the beauty of this whole MTS line is the tone is in the eye of the player. I have heard a 1086 sound wonderful heavy AND clean.

When I started the thread I was asking for a specific amp because the only two amps that are really popular that Randall had not covered yet are the Mesa Mark series and the Peavey 5150. I think those would be AWESOME modules to have. Then I think Randall covered everything pretty much.

That said other than the Black face and XTC I have. The modules I want are the signature series becuase Randall took the time to get the input from these guys and I think they have more tones and sound better than just the stock modules.

When I started the thread I was asking for a specific amp because the only two amps that are really popular that Randall had not covered yet are the Mesa Mark series and the Peavey 5150. I think those would be AWESOME modules to have. Then I think Randall covered everything pretty much.

The Modern module I used to have was very similar to a 5150 IMHO. They are discontinued, but you can find one on here from time to time. I suggest a C3 cap mod to tighten it up, but you may want to check one out if that is a tone you are after.

I would also suggest the Ultra XL for your 5150 jones. I am a huge 5150 fan and have owned a couple over the years. Playing the Ultra XL convinced me that I could get that tone out of the MTS and it was the first module I purchased.

i would classify the 5150 as a "modern high gain" amp which i think Randall has done several different versions. like RD/Rich has said, certain modules will get you very very close.

RD/Rich said:
I would also suggest the Ultra XL for your 5150 jones. I am a huge 5150 fan and have owned a couple over the years. Playing the Ultra XL convinced me that I could get that tone out of the MTS and it was the first module I purchased.
Love the Ultra XL

the ultra xl is very close to the 5150 it just lacks the hollow midrange growl that the 5150 is known for having. you can hear it in the gain when the amp is on but the guitar volume is off. the xl has more of a slicier top end where the 5150 has more of tear type sound in the top end if that makes any sence. we use both in my band.

might I say trying the celestion g12h30's...it'll put that ultra xl right there.

i cannot stress enough how much a difference pickups, speakers, tubes...all that has an effect on your tone. even the string gauge does. :shock: