Modded 1086

MTS module area including module modifications

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

okstrat
Lynch Box

Modded 1086

Post by okstrat » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:49 pm

Took a 1086 that was intermittent, fixed it (read post below) and did my clarity warmth mods. Made a nice difference, then I added two more controls:

1) push/pull knob on gain, that selects between stock C3 cap and .0047 value to give it more warmth and low end for solos. Works great!

2) push/pull knob on the level, adds two types of gain boost: one is high and mids, other is full range. kicks the module a little harder, and makes it great for leads.

Clips to come soon, headed out of town with my wife for a romantic weekend on the lake without any internet access. I won't have access to email or such until sunday. Have a good one guys!

Pete

6stringgrind
RM100

Post by 6stringgrind » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:51 pm

Sounds like a cool mod. Have fun on your trip. Maybe I'll pull a "What About Bob" and come find you and bug you about modules. :lol:

NuSkoolTone
RM100

Re: Modded 1086

Post by NuSkoolTone » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:08 pm

okstrat wrote:Took a 1086 that was intermittent, fixed it (read post below) and did my clarity warmth mods. Made a nice difference, then I added two more controls:

1) push/pull knob on gain, that selects between stock C3 cap and .0047 value to give it more warmth and low end for solos. Works great!

2) push/pull knob on the level, adds two types of gain boost: one is high and mids, other is full range. kicks the module a little harder, and makes it great for leads.

Hey if you don't mind, where are you getting these push pull-pots? Mouser#?

Also want to get some switches too that fit on the PCB. I'd like to do some mod ideas I have, but which are the right ones aren't obvious to me.

Thanks!
This is where you write stuff no one reads anyway.