not enough gain with a 1086

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bro

Reaction score
what pedals are people using with there 1086.
Not enough gain for me.
Is there a gain mod for the 1086?

sounds good
but no where near enough gain.
I though it was a high gain like my XTC.
Not even close

i will replace them this morning.
Everything else sounds fine with it.
Gain is maxed,and sounds ok(not great).
my mesa recording preamp blows this away with its gain

just changed the tubes,can't test till later.
Is there suppost to be a cap at c4?
Looks like it has been worked on(bad soilder job).

Dude, grab a KH3 if you want more gain. That thing chuggssssss esp with active pickups. I run one on my Lynch Box and it cranks.

i know what you mean bro. if you use it without the boost on it it might as well be a jtm module. the 1086 's gain factor goes unnoticed until you play another module with higher gain then it becomes exposed. hard to believe but i'd agree, thats why i gave up on mine.

there gotta be something wrong with my 1086.
I get maybe about 3/4 of that gain at max
i hope changing of the tubes fixes it

I hope you can get i fixed, if thats the problem....Cause Mine has TONS of Gain. as you can tell both of those clips ar with the gain at 5, the KH3 cleans up abit quicker than the 1086, but the KH3 has shitloads of gain too.

if someone gets a chance to check if there 1086 has a cap at c4.
Mine looks like there might have been one there(looks like it might have been cut off).
All other contacts look factory(except c4 and r11).

I played my 1086 for the past year and it CRANKED! Tons of tight gain. Everyone in the band loved it. Then.......I got the EG5 from Egnater.......did the A/B test with the 1086 and my band was like...."What did you do to the 1086 and why does it sound so weak?" AHA!! Cant fool the ears! When standing alone...the 1086 smashes. When compared to a HEAVIER module, its noticeable. That EG5 is just BRUTAL and CUTTING.....LOVE IT!! 8)

Man.......I loved that 1086. We play heavy metal to really hard rock and there was plenty of distortion. Nailed the old metallica when you took that mid out on the switch. But again....some people write in and say they just dont like it. Everyone hears it a little different. :?

Latest posts