For those of you with a Brown module....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6stringgrind

Reaction score
I recently acquired a Brown, thanks to a fellow member of the board. It's a great module, but I was surprised how dark it was. I have to crank the treble to at least 2 o'clock to get it out of murky territory. Is this normal? Do you Brown users find this to be true? (My presence knob is set at around 3 o'clock, by the way).

I used to have a Brown and currently have a Pete modded Plexi that is similar. I run my treble around 2-3:00 on all my modules with the Presence on the amp at noon. I don't think your findings are odd at all. There is a good amount of change from 1:00 and up on the Treble knobs, but not much below.

I had a brown module, did a cap mod on it to tighten it up a little. I really didnt care for it much. But as always mentioned in this forum, everyone hears things a little different. :?

Mine was modded by Pete as well and I run the Treble between 2 and 3 o'clock. It's a mean Marshall tone.

I've also got a Pete modded Brown and it's definitely a dark module. I keep my treble around 3 o'clock. Great tone though.

i like mine, but it is a dark sounding mod in the lower treb and upper mids.
I find that's part of the warmth when you crank the gain, it doesn't get piercingly high endy like some of the more high gain mods.

Brown is great! I keep treb and mids maxed, with bass at about half. makes for a great lead tone. Cuts no prob.

Brown is REALLY Brown,imho.
I havent quite understod that one...yet.
Supposedly its the early VH sound....I dont buy that. It reminds me of my plexi..but with alot of thickness to to the mids that I cant really work with..yet.
imho.