2009 Modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
I read this over at RigTalk

Rumor has it Randall have a few new modules coming out. Soldano SLO and an Engl Fireball are a couple of names I've heard floating around.

Any word on future developments? Very interesting...

crankyrayhanky said:
I read this over at RigTalk

Rumor has it Randall have a few new modules coming out. Soldano SLO and an Engl Fireball are a couple of names I've heard floating around.

the SLO-100 & the FIREBALL have been the two amps that i've been wanting to hear in an mts module,for quite some time now! that would be great...

5150 probably won't happen but i do remember rd/steve saying something about a smooth criminal module he was playin, but i'd say the kh-3 is 5150 all the way and the ultra xl is close as well, lets concentrate on the fireball , framus cobra and uberschall and oh yeah deizel herbert or einstein and also rivera knucklehead tre :twisted:

Engl is good choice, this is the best(?) in concreteness in higher gain and doesn?t matter if is E530, Fireball, Savage etc.
Orange TT is good idea too, imo this can be emulated easier than more complicated amps like VHT Pittbull which I want most of all :)

Agreed, I had Tiny Terror for awhile and the design seemed very simple/straightforward

I'm making a deal for a discontinued Modern module right now off the notion that it gets into Orange territory with more gain...

the modern is very underrated and imo is a way better start at the mesa tone than the recto. doesn't have much mids though and isn't as loud as other modules but thats an easy fix

I've played SLOs and owned an HR50XL+ - the Ultra is pretty close to a soldano sound.

Pete

The orange TT a power amp distortion amp how well do the MTS modules mimic power amp distortion?

nomad100 said:
The orange TT a power amp distortion amp how well do the MTS modules mimic power amp distortion?

They can't, really. There are a few things you can do, but you're never going to get it exactly the same. That's why you're never going to see a really authentic trainwreck module either.

Pete

i could definitely go for an Engl module..

was gonna get a fireball until i got the RM...

and UBershaal Would be sweet too, as well as a cobra/dragon and deizel

I have a Mr. Scary and ab'd it against my Soldano X99(midi SLO 100 preamp). The Mr. Scary was close enough that I ended up selling the X99. A SLO 100 module would be great but The Mr. Scary is pretty **** close.

I think the MTS concept is the way of the future..and anything Randall makes I will try.
And if they think if they want to just revise the old models am I open to that as well.
..okStrat and a few others have some great mod ideas....Randall should consult with these guys and (basically OKStrat) and incorporate their ideas as STOCK in all new modules.
Jus sayin....
GtrGeorge

GtrGeorge! said:
I think the MTS concept is the way of the future..and anything Randall makes I will try.
And if they think if they want to just revise the old models am I open to that as well.
..okStrat and a few others have some great mod ideas....Randall should consult with these guys and (basically OKStrat) and incorporate their ideas as STOCK in all new modules.
Jus sayin....
GtrGeorge

OH YEAH!!!!!!!! I think they should make a quality module that sounds like a Deizel herbert. Oh man i would be all over that module.

engl savage or invader, 5150, and spider 3 are my choices.

im kidding about the spider, but if there was a 5150 module or engl modules i would not hesitate two seconds to buy this amp.