5 New Modules in 2010

MTS module area including module modifications

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

crankyrayhanky
Lynch Box

Post by crankyrayhanky » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:07 am

Can any of the Randall guys on here tell us anything about these 5 modules?
It seems as though there is a silent policy now...last summer one of the reps ( I forget which one) dropped a few of their plans and release dates "watch out at summer NAMM", then "Winter NAMM", then "whoops it's not ready".

After the hailstorm of grumblers, it was stated (paraphrase) that they won't release any more preview info beacuse if it falls apart they don't want people upset. IMO, this is worse then failing to meet the deadlines- I'd rather hear a quick tech explanation of why a module isn't ready then zero info; it's like a punishment for being excited about their product.

Keep in mind, people grumble and complain because they care and enjoy the mts line. Keeping the lines of communication open is also a good business move to create buzz; like another said, Ultra Curve if released would sell 100 in the first week.

Nightdare
Lynch Box

Post by Nightdare » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:57 am

Right on that one

you advertise to keep people interested in your product showing all new stuff, getting potential customers exited

Then 0-hour comes, and you have nothing to show for
ofcourse people wil complain, they put off selling their MTs and buying brand 'X' amp since there was something to look forward to in their current setup

So because of the backlash, you decide not to forward any news
...which in turn makes people start thinking the line will be discontinued if the silence stays too long
(that's what I'm beginning to think anyway, especially since Randall showed only a new line of amps ready for release)

gtr31
Lynch Box

Post by gtr31 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:33 am

They are concentrating on pushing the new RT series .IMO
The fact that Doug is gone is probably not helpful.

I have to say since US music corp was bough by Quebec "Jam group"t in Oct
things have been "different"

The new New guy Delany has been there how long ?? since Nov.
He doesn't even come here and say "Hello" in 4 months ..not impressive in my book

k9blek
RM100

new modules

Post by k9blek » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:48 am

Sure would be nice to hear something ...even if it's sorry about the delay. Just something to let us know there are new modules coming !

crev71
RM20

Post by crev71 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:23 am

still haven't heard anything yet on these?

ejendres
RM50

Post by ejendres » Mon May 10, 2010 2:16 pm

I hoping this stuff still comes out.

The MTS stuff is so cool I don't want it to die

audiomidijace
Donating Member

Post by audiomidijace » Mon May 17, 2010 11:34 am

US Music and Randall have been one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. I love their products, but their service has been nonexistant for years. Hopefully this buy out will improve things over time. The MTS products would sell SO much better if they would market these amplifiers to blues, country and jazz guys. Randall has always focussed on the Metal and Rock market which is great for all of their products that are made for those sounds. However the MTS line can do EVERYTHING. It would be a shame to lose such a great product line just because Randall doesn't know how to market it properly.

StratmanR2S
RM50

Post by StratmanR2S » Mon May 17, 2010 7:44 pm

US Music and Randall have been one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with.
The MTS product is almost nonexistent. You can't find it in the stores to try it out and orders take forever. This doesnt make since, they could sell a lot more product if it was more available.
Randall has always focused on the Metal and Rock market which is great for all of their products that are made for those sounds.
This also narrows their market. I don't play metal but want to tap into the versatility of the MTS series. I'm sure others would like to as well if they new what it could do. They should sponsor artists from other styles of music and let them help develop some other types of modules. That and make the product more available.
Crank them Tubes

kurtisqpublic
RM50

Post by kurtisqpublic » Wed May 19, 2010 6:45 pm

I am a roots rock blues and country artist and they have been gracious enough to sponsor me as an emerging artist. Although I am rather unknown outside of the region I play in. That being said I have had nothing but good luck with my MTS gear. Over the 5 years I have owned it, I had two issues. One related to preamp tubes (replaced them and fixed it) and one with a fuse and a power tube, which was a set up issue on my part. All the modules function flawlessly, even after five years on the road and a few times being dropped. continuing on, the power amp is bullet proof and my 212 still sounds great even after the beating it's taken in a trailer for 5 years and I am already in love with the palamino 412 I acquired recently...
Props to Randall and here's to hoping the emerging artist relationship lasts well into the new management because I plan on keeping this rig for years and years to come!

Hamner1
Lynch Box

Post by Hamner1 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:37 am

it would be cool to see/hear some new modules. The ones I have heard sound pretty good. graphic eq model sounds interesting if it ever comes to fruition.
Non-MTS stuff for sale.

Good deals with: warlock, sickpunk, marinebassplayer, Rising Farce, durchgedreht, mattfig, & others.

cold Machine
Lynch Box

Post by cold Machine » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:47 am

I'd like to see some more too, based on the current high gain metal oriented amps. I'm going through Salvation at the moment and I love the sounds he gets from the mods, but the wait is nearly unbearable. It would be great to have some off the shelf that souded that good.

OuIjAbOaRdInG
RM20

Post by OuIjAbOaRdInG » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:34 pm

cold Machine wrote:I'd like to see some more too, based on the current high gain metal oriented amps. I'm going through Salvation at the moment and I love the sounds he gets from the mods, but the wait is nearly unbearable. It would be great to have some off the shelf that souded that good.
But then you wouldn't have that 'can't wait for christmas' feeling you had as a kid. :D

And if Randall DID release some modules that sounded that good off the shelf, the modders better get some credit for pushing them in that direction. Amazing work.

gtr31
Lynch Box

Post by gtr31 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:22 am

so many could have , should have's ..

It was said 2 years ago that Randall Should have hired or contracted Anthony and Pete to work on their new designs.

I believe it was in the works prior to the buyout ..as they Had an Engl ,Diezel and orange on the way and I would be surprised if those were done in house without a little outside input..

IMO not contracting Salvation is a huge mistake that has stalled the line .
They should have saved the money they spent on Joe Delany and paid it to a credible resource ..
Joe is the man and he has not come here and said Hello in 10 months and introduced himself..

Kinda shows what he thinks about the MTS community IMO

GtrGeorge!
Lynch Box

well said....

Post by GtrGeorge! » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:04 am

To gtr31:
well said....

GtrGeorge

PS: Ottawa in summer..there is nothing better.

Nightdare
Lynch Box

Post by Nightdare » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:12 pm

"Silence is golden,..."

But it kills companies

Buyout or not, you can't slack on the PR, if it takes so long to get things on track again
alot of (potential) customers will have just hopped to companies that remain in the picture and DO seem to deliver