5 New Modules in 2010

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George Jetson

Reaction score
Here's the link to a vid with Doug talking about the future plans @ Randall for the MTS series: http://tinyurl.com/summerNAMM

Randall listened! Orange AND ENGL!

I'm so incredibly excited, i have not much interest for the ecoustic (but if its good ill probably pick one up for versatility sake) but if I may have to get an RM4 for all four of the new modules. Definately wanted the curve, want the engl and orange even more and the diezel sounds quite interesting.

Serious gas.

We have some talented people around here..is the Orange based on Salvation's work?

I was planning on getting the ultra curve, but the orange and Dizel are right up my alley. Depending on how the accoustic sounds, Maybe I'll trade my super v for it. Then there's the Engl- I just don't get why people like them. I've played one the powerball and invader and various others and never bonded with them. I can't even call them great amps. However a lot of guys play em' so who am I complain. I'm stoked for the Orange and Diezel though :!:

I bet someone could turn an Ultra Curve into a Mesa Mark series. Muhahahahaaha!

Where's my Ty Tabor modules!!!!!!!

The Rossness said:
Then there's the Engl- I just don't get why people like them. I've played one the powerball and invader and various others and never bonded with them. I can't even call them great amps. However a lot of guys play em' so who am I complain. I'm stoked for the Orange and Diezel though :!:

I agree with you on the Engl, never was impressed with how they sound.
I would get the Diezel, that one should be cool.
But what about the EVH 5150 III 3rd channel?
And a Cornford module, nothing sounds like a Cornford!

I think we need to slow down on the high gain amplifiers and work on some more clean ones. Thats just me though. Still doesnt mean im not stoked over new modules though :):)

Does anybody know if Anthony from Salvation has anything to do w/ the Orange, ENGL, and Diezel modules???

Just wondering.....

Orange? Ultra Curve?

Oh my holy Zeus. Stoked does not even begin to describe it.

Need more modules! I need an RM4. Time to sell my RM50!

The Rossness said:
Engl- I just don't get why people like them.
Because ENGL is one of the best amps for readable concrete sound in higain.

tung said:
But what about the EVH 5150 III 3rd channel?
Nothing, ?cause 5150 has +1 gain stage which is not possible (?) to built in module only some kind of simulation.
And who wants some Cornford? tung, ...somebody else? :)

NunSuperior said:
Where's my Ty Tabor modules!!!!!!!
Do you mean these TyTabor mods, which he doesn?t use it? No Gretchen because 95% of time he plays EG5 (his own words) :D 8)

hyenik said:
Nothing, ?cause 5150 has +1 gain stage which is not possible (?) to built in module only some kind of simulation.

What do you mean by +1 gain stage?
Yeah, man, Cornford is just in a class by itself, everything more clearer, more tone more articulation, and so responsive to your playing. Just check out any recent Greg Howe, Richie Kotzen, all the British guys use them too, Guthrie Govan, Dave Kilminster, Jamie Humphries etc..
Still choose my MTS amps for overall versatility though, modules will never get boring. Gotta have some new ones

:twisted:

tung said:
hyenik said:

Yeah, man, Cornford is just in a class by itself, everything more clearer, more tone more articulation, and so responsive to your playing. Just check out any recent Greg Howe, Richie Kotzen, all the British guys use them too, Guthrie Govan, Dave Kilminster, Jamie Humphries etc..
Still choose my MTS amps for overall versatility though, modules will never get boring. Gotta have some new ones

:twisted:

The 5150 has an extra gain stage that can only be simulated, at best, in the module? That's my understanding of Hyenik's post.

tung said:
From internet: The 5150 has six gain stages before the power stage.
Module can have only five. If I?m not right, some techguy can correct me.
So it is not possible to build in module exact copy of 5150 preamp, only use some other way....

Read my post You can find it with "Search"
Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:56 pm Post subject: The ULTIMATE Overdrive (Really)
It will sound like crap if you turn everything up!
But if you don't, you can add 4 more gain stages with EQ, (the tone controls on the 2nd module) and it can be quite impressive.
Just try it.