Clean mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which mod?

• Salvation Loneclean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Salvation Matchvox

• Salvation Twinface

• Total voters
depend to your taste :)
- Loneclean - nice, crisp and TEXAS mod sound is very special
- Twinface - three very different mods, from crystal clean to almost screamer higain, dlx channel is best for pedals
- Matchvox - simply fantastic, british clean/crunch

I have Twinface and Matchvox.

Right now I have the Loneclean and matchvox - and for all around cleans I like the Loneclean - seems to cover tons of ground (crystal clean to a bit of hair on the edge - to more if you need it), works well with hum and single guitars.

I still am going to pick up the Twinface when I can - but for right now, if I could only keep one clean mod - it would be the Loneclean without a doubt.

I'm leaning towards the Twinface because when it comes down to it I prefer warm Fender cleans. What makes the choice hard is that I love the Mathvox's crunch and I would probably use that mode more often than crystal cleans.

Don't forget that the Twinface also does crunch!

Also I've noticed that at gigging volume it get's even more dynamic and you can pick clean and get that crystal sound, and a second later dig in and get a great roar!
That is with a pretty high output pickup though.. but still :)

And then there's the internal warm/crystal switch which can help you get a but more gain. :)

That said: I think you should really make the choice between what you need: clean or crunch.
The Matchvox will do clean and the Twinface will do crunch .. but it's not their forte's.
Go for the one that best suits your needs and it will be quite adequate for the other tone! ;)

Thanks for all the help . . . sounds like the TwinFace is the way to go for me (in the way of single-channel modules anyway - but I'm also still looking for a BMAN, and/or a T/D); especially because I mainly use my pedals with my BlackFace right now. TwinFace sounds like the winner in that department as well . . . :D

I'm kinda interested in how the Twinface compares to a stock Blackface?

Particularily in terms of gain and tone....

Blackface gain nob becomes gainy around 12' imo - anything higher than 12' is too much distortion for a clean imo. If I want a true clean I have to dial back to 9'.

Would this be similar on the Twinface's cleanest setting or can Twinface go even cleaner?

If you could please describe the tones with gain at 9' and 12'.

ps. I think you should include a standard blackface mod in the list - and possibly other mod's that can do clean well (ie Stonerverb - marshall clean?? Mesa clean??)

/p

wakeguitar said:

Particularily in terms of gain and tone....

Blackface gain nob becomes gainy around 12' imo - anything higher than 12' is too much distortion for a clean imo. If I want a true clean I have to dial back to 9'.

Would this be similar on the Twinface's cleanest setting or can Twinface go even cleaner?

If you could please describe the tones with gain at 9' and 12'.

ps. I think you should include a standard blackface mod in the list - and possibly other mod's that can do clean well (ie Stonerverb - marshall clean?? Mesa clean??)

/p
It depends very much on your pickups and wether you have any compressing going on before the amp.

In general I think the TwinFace matches the Blackface in terms of gain in the standard settings.
There is no Marshall clean mod?

If I where you I'd contact Anthony about this, he knows his modules best and can compare between them.

wakeguitar said:

Which pickup? You now, this is big difference between for example blackouts and vintage single coil ;)

But yes, when you want real clean, it is usual, that you must stay under 12? (in most of amps, preamps etc) If you use knob named "gain", you add gain..... And If is very clean modul (for example stock Clean) everybody talking about sterility and lacking character. This is like it is. Clean is clean (=no character) This coming with touch of dirt in it....

Salvation offers cleans based on Fender, Mesa, Orange and dirty clean Vox and Plexi. You really want more? Which one? Tell us ;)

in clip of Mandarine StonerAD you can hear Natural channel
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=6098

hyenik said:

That clean is really nice!

As for other cleans the only real other cleans I'm looking for some classic Marshall clean (thinking Gun's n Roses - Paradise City/My Michelle), and Mesa cleans (think MegaDeth - Good Mourning/BlackFriday)... I'm sorry I don't know which exact amp's they're using. Actually I'm more interested in a Boogie clean channel, I think that would just be awesome. If you guys have anything like these please tell!

btw I'm talking bridge pickup's.

There is no Marshal clean mod? hmmm is this possible?

This one is very nice also - Terrier

At the start it sounds very clean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QZkypog-Qc&feature=related

I had a session last night that needed some clean tones and I had my Mash-All with me. In the JTM-45 mode I got some REALLY nice clean tones. I was blown away! As long as I continue to play MTS amps I will NOT give up my Mash-All. It continues to impress and surprise me.

I hear ya Jace....Pound for pound the Mashall is by far the greatest module ever created...It can cover everything!!! I love all the modules I have now but the Mashall gets the most use and sounds the most authentic...It's exactly 4 different Marshalls and then some...

wakeguitar said:
hyenik said:

That clean is really nice!

As for other cleans the only real other cleans I'm looking for some classic Marshall clean (thinking Gun's n Roses - Paradise City/My Michelle), and Mesa cleans (think MegaDeth - Good Mourning/BlackFriday)... I'm sorry I don't know which exact amp's they're using. Actually I'm more interested in a Boogie clean channel, I think that would just be awesome. If you guys have anything like these please tell!

btw I'm talking bridge pickup's.

There is no Marshal clean mod? hmmm is this possible?
Sorry my mistake, for me JTM is allways for light crunch, but it can of course also do clean ;)

Mesa clean = Loneclean! also lots of awesome tones!

And "bridge pickups" don't tell us much, there would still be an enormous difference between a vintage single and for instance an active humbucker.
The important thing is: how much output.
Bridge pickups tend to have some more output, making it harder to keep real clean..

I havent tried the others mentioned here..I only knmow their clips well.
I have a LoneClean and its VERY Good.

It really does the sound of a Lonestar amp very well. Its a specific kind of clean (when you set it for the cleanest sound it can make)..just a tad diff from a Fender clean..but very good to my ears, and I know the Fender clean sound very well.
Its more of a modern clean sound..like the 1990s on.
GtrGeorge

In case of repeating questions about Twinface vs. Loneclean I did yesterday face to face comparison.

finally special thread
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=84401